Photographing Waterfalls, silky water

This couldn't possibly be achieved in [M]anual mode ;)

Seems like a tutorial about how to promote your website to me.

What about ND filters, Polarizers, self timers, time of day?

What about manual mode?

Why is one of your pictures that's attached severely out of focus?

You don't need to look for S or A on your mode dial, because if you change a setting under S, your setting will be lost when you turn the dial to A. Also, A, can mean "auto" to a lot of beginners... Which would NOT be a viable setting for this type of image.

Shutter priority and aperture priority only allow you to control two of the variables in exposure. In Shutter priority, you can control your shutter speed and ISO. In aperture priority you can control your aperture and ISO.

You're giving people the wrong impression. Perhaps you aren't ready to post a tutorial yet. This should really be done in either shutter priority mode, or manual mode. I'm not even going to get into using ND filters and all that.

Thanks.. Now I know how to do it! OMG!

Please don't ever use the phrase "Play with the settings" in a tutorial. If you are going to tutor someone on how to do something then spell it out, tell them how to do it. "Play with the settings" is completely useless. How about something like "Start with a shutter speed of 1/4 second with a suitable aperture and ISO setting to achieve the proper exposure."

I've looked at this thread about five times today and considered deleting it six times. I think it's worth leaving as an example of what NOT to do when writing a tutorial.

OP, you've been given some good advice here, and we appreciate everyone's efforts to further the community's knowledge, but your lack of English writing skills makes this a very difficult read at best. If you would like some help actually putting the text "together", I'm sure some of the members would be willing to help.

Most reactions

Back