Photography Adventure Failure...Ha!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, three nights ago I went to the beach to take some photo's of the stars, but when I got there it was 100% cloudy (it had been clear when I left school). Now, as I turned my Corolla around, I got stuck in the 6 inch snow and ice, which was MUCH deeper than I had thought. Thankfully, I was able to get out, even if it did take me around 10 minutes and a mild freakout (I was by myself). Two nights later, I asked my friend to drive me in her Ford Explorer, as there was no way that would get stuck.. right? Well, after a half hour of freezing myself on the beach ( it was well below 0, with some wind), I realized there was far too much light pollution for these shots to be successful. I could barely even pick out the milky-way with my naked eye, so I knew the photoshoot was a bust. We get back in the car, turn around.. and you guessed it! Got stuck. After unsuccessful attempts for 15 minutes, I called one of my friends who had a truck, and 20 minutes later, he was able to tow us out. Needless to say, I ended up frustrated and slightly embarrassed, and I didn't even get a good photo out of it!! But, I have a good story, and can't wait to try again with my new Tokina (at a different location, of course).

Here's one (it's underexposed, lamely composed, etc).

Failure by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Best,
Jake

Edit: Uploaded a low-res file, needed to re-upload the full-res.

Your adventures put a smile on my face! Not that I think it is funny you got stuck .... but now that you are safe and warm (hopefully) it sorta is! :p

Anyway, the shot is not as much of a failure as you seem to think it is. I have no experience, really, with this type of night work, but it does illuminate the vastness of the sky.

Your adventures put a smile on my face! Not that I think it is funny you got stuck .... but now that you are safe and warm (hopefully) it sorta is! :p

Anyway, the shot is not as much of a failure as you seem to think it is. I have no experience, really, with this type of night work, but it does illuminate the vastness of the sky.

I should have elaborated--by failure, I mean I didn't get the photo I had in my mind. It may not be bad, but it's not what I wanted.

Glad I could provide a chuckle!

Best,
Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back