photography and recession

mariusz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hephoto.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
how do you fine this year- is the business up or down. I know a lot of photographers in my city have been heard by the recession how is it in your area.

I work at Target Portrait Studio as a Photographer and our appointments dropped dramatically, and since my boss has to work 40 hours a week, I was only working maybe 10 hours a week if I was lucky, because nobody was coming in for appointments, so there was no reason to have me come in. I took a serious financial hit, but luckily the worse of it is over. Our busy season is upon us and even half the hours I had last year would still be great, I was working +40 last christmas season.

There's a recession? Just kidding. :)

I am seeing such a mixed bag.

I don't know... but this year, I see more exotic cars on the roads than ever before (there are 4 Audi RS8s, 3 Vipers and 5 Porsche Caymans within a square kilometer of my home). I see at least 20 milion+ dollar homes coming up not 1 kilometer from my area and houses in my area are selling within 5 days after being put on the market ($300,000 - $500,000 area).

I hear a lot of talk about recession, but I am sure not seeing it outside in the stores on the weekends. Parking lots and stores are filled and restaurants (usually the hardest hit) are booked 1-2 weeks in advance when last year, we could walk in off the street and get a table.

Yeah, my business is down some, but I don't blame the economy, I blame fear and paranoia more than anything else. Companies are afraid and not using the funds they have. Most are telling me that though sales are not up, compared to last year, sales are not down, but they are holding on tight to everything "just in case".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back