photography and school

typicalteen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello all, i havent posted here in a while but i was looking for some advice

i am 16 and a sophmore in high school with an (obvious) interest in photography. i also know that there are a lot of people in my school who are either already involved with photography or want to be. i want to organize something photography related to be distributed around school in order to encourage people to become involved. the first thing i thought of was something like a photo journal where people could submit photos to be compiled, printed, and ultimately distributed. the biggest problem is money, because i know participation would not be a restricting factor. i would need to somehow get the money to print a lot of copies of photos that need to look good. then i had another idea. maybe i could organize a magazine for the arts that would include things like photos, paintings, poetry, stories, essays, etc. then i could raise money around town in name of "the arts."

how does this sound to everyone here?

all other ideas of things i could do or incorporate are extremely welcome

To get a good reproduction of photos on multiple copies would be rather expensive. Have you thought of an on-line 'zine? I think a paper magazine would be great, but from what I've heard, it's really, really hard to keep them going due to costs.

Most reactions

Back