okwori12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,
I joined this platform today and am really in love with all the discussions I've seen so far. Am a newbies in photography but i really love the art. Professionally am a graphic designer (www.facebook.com/pillarsgraphics) but want to add photography to my skills.

Please Permit me to ask. I have a Nikon D3300 and i want to use it for a home studio. is it okay or must i go for a higher one? if there is any helpful tips that can help me on this, please share with me.
Thanks in anticipation.

The D3300 is certainly sufficient.
Your photography knowledge and skill at using the D3300 will be the key.

For studio photography you'll want a steady tripod, some type of material(s) to use as backdrops and some off camera lighting.
Yongnuo makes inexpensive camera hot shoe flash units and they can be mounted on light stands to be used off camera.
Yongnuo (and others) also make inexpensive radio triggers that fire the flash unit(s) when the camera shutter is released.
To modify the light from the flash unit(s) you may want a photography umbrella or 2.
Impact Digital Flash Umbrella Mount Kit
Yongnuo YN-560 II Speedlight Flash for Canon and Nikon. GN58.
Neewer 16 Channel Wireless Remote FM Flash Speedlite Radio Trigger with 2.5mm PC Receiver for Flash Units with Universal Hot Shoe

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The D33oo is certainly sufficient.
Your photography knowledge and skill at using the D3300 will be the key.

For studio photography you'll want a steady tripod, some type of material(s) to use as backdrops and some off camera lighting.
Yongnuo makes inexpensive camera hot shoe flash units and they can be mounted on light stands to be used off camera.
Yongnuo (and others) also make inexpensive radio triggers that fire the flash unit(s) when the camera shutter is released.
To modify the light from the flash unit(s) you may want a photography umbrella or 2.
Impact Digital Flash Umbrella Mount Kit
Yongnuo YN-560 II Speedlight Flash for Canon and Nikon. GN58.
Neewer 16 Channel Wireless Remote FM Flash Speedlite Radio Trigger with 2.5mm PC Receiver for Flash Units with Universal Hot Shoe
thanks So much for the info

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sure, D3300, PLENTY of camera to do studio photos with! KmH's post above has plenty of good resources listed out.

A single flash unit, and a single Made in China softbox or a single, inexpensive photographic umbrella and swivel mount, eithger of those two lighting basics would be super-useful. A 2- to 3-meter high light stand would be needed.

Larger, white-colored office store "poster board" or "presentation board", also called Foam-Core board, would make good reflector material.

The D3300 has all the image quality and capability needed for good studio photography. You do NOT need "a lot" of equipment to make good studio photos.

One of the best tools is a 1 x 2 meter frame, made of wood or plastic PVC pipe material, and fitted with a tightly-fitted piece of thin, white fabric that lets light through. Or fitted with tracing paper; this large 1 x 2 meter frame and its fabric is used to either reflect light off of, or to shine light through, to diffuse and soften the light. Large frames like this are called "scrims". Look up "scrim lighting" on the internet. MANY,many pictures can be made with window lighting, or work lights, or flash units, and a scrim or two.

Someone advice me to use aluminium foil as a reflector. what do you think?

Aluminum foil delivers a fairly harsh type of reflected light, but for some shots that is what works.
For most people shots white foam board will deliver softer more flattering reflected light.

In the studio we usually wind up a fairly wide variety if different size reflectors and sometimes even use black flats to subtract light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back