Photography Know-Nothing With A Photo Enlarger

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by chilisincarne, Jun 21, 2016.

1. chilisincarne

chilisincarne TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey guys, I've had this thing sitting around for a couple of years. I'm not a photographer, just someone that hates to see things go to waste (including space, yikes!). I'm hoping someone could tell me if this appears to be missing parts, what it might be worth, if it's best to take it straight to a donation center or try to sell it? I know it's an Omega bran and that it's a photo enlarger but that's about it! Much appreciated :allteeth:

[​IMG]

2. table1349

table1349 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Missing parts? Yes does appear to be.
    Worth. Little to not much. Maybe depending on the model $100.00.
    You don't list where you live. If you are near civilization you might go to a brick and mortar photography store and see what they would give you for it for parts. If it had the base it would make it more sellable. I picked up and old enlarger a while back, took off the head and made a real nice copy stand out of it all for about $35.00.

3. Ysarex

Ysarex Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    It's an Omega B22 enlarger. Yes, missing parts: I don't see the condensers or baseboard. Can't make out the lens if it's there. As parts-only not worth much. If there is value there in parts it would be in a lens or lenses. Otherwise gryph was generous with his estimate. If you've got the complete unit then it's a case of finding someone who wants to set up a darkroom which these days is a small target market.

Joe

4. medic2230

medic2230 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit

There was a smaller enlarger on Craigslist here for the last year for $17. I don't know if it finally sold after that long or they gave up trying to sell it.

I agree. I have one just like it. It's missing quite a few parts.