Photography Know-Nothing With A Photo Enlarger

chilisincarne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I've had this thing sitting around for a couple of years. I'm not a photographer, just someone that hates to see things go to waste (including space, yikes!). I'm hoping someone could tell me if this appears to be missing parts, what it might be worth, if it's best to take it straight to a donation center or try to sell it? I know it's an Omega bran and that it's a photo enlarger but that's about it! Much appreciated :allteeth:

13493143_10100348486399359_1890022061_o.jpg

Missing parts? Yes does appear to be.
Worth. Little to not much. Maybe depending on the model $100.00.
You don't list where you live. If you are near civilization you might go to a brick and mortar photography store and see what they would give you for it for parts. If it had the base it would make it more sellable. I picked up and old enlarger a while back, took off the head and made a real nice copy stand out of it all for about $35.00.

It's an Omega B22 enlarger. Yes, missing parts: I don't see the condensers or baseboard. Can't make out the lens if it's there. As parts-only not worth much. If there is value there in parts it would be in a lens or lenses. Otherwise gryph was generous with his estimate. If you've got the complete unit then it's a case of finding someone who wants to set up a darkroom which these days is a small target market.

Joe

There was a smaller enlarger on Craigslist here for the last year for $17. I don't know if it finally sold after that long or they gave up trying to sell it.

I agree. I have one just like it. It's missing quite a few parts.

Most reactions

Back