Photography Studio - Things You Need To Keep In Mind!

Insightphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Usually people wait till they have done sufficiently well before opening up their own studio. You can always opt to set up a photography studio at your home, if you have the space, which will save you money, or you can rent a space for setting up the studio
Regardless of the type of photography you do, there are three basic areas you need to include and look into while setting up your studio.

Your photography studio requires an office space, a work area and an equipment storage area. The office area will be used for storing paperwork relating to business, expenses, bills, invoices etc. Ensure your desk is of suitable size, as you will be signing contracts, doing your billing and performing many other important activities here. You require a phone in order to be contacted by customers, a printer and fax machine along with your computer, and a storage filing cabinet for storing everything.

This means they need to be strong and durable. You need to be organized when it comes to storage, as you will need your things to be in easy access and conveniently placed so that you can quickly take it. It is extremely frustrating to misplace an item just because you are not organized. Very often you end up buying it again and this can cost you time and money. Also ensure that the shelves are nailed at appropriate heights as you do not want to exert all your energy in just removing an item from the shelf.

Also ensure that the shelves are nailed at appropriate heights as you do not want to exert all your energy in just removing an item from the shelf.

Congratulations you just won weird spam of he day award

Lol. It's a good point, but yeah pretty random.

You require a phone in order to be contacted by customers...

I prefer not to be contacted by customers. They just waste my time with complaints and moaning. Occasionally I open the window and shout abuse at them if they come to the studio. For that reason alone it is good to have an opening window, preferably well above ground level.

Your article bears a resemblance to this one.

I thought this post was going to be educational. Nothing about studio photography just the office. :meh:

what if you are a food photog, do you not need a kitchen ?

I prefer not to be contacted by customers. They just waste my time with complaints and moaning. Occasionally I open the window and shout abuse at them if they come to the studio. For that reason alone it is good to have an opening window, preferably well above ground level.

This is how I run my business! It's quite effective!

Also ensure that the shelves are nailed at appropriate heights as you do not want to exert all your energy in just removing an item from the shelf.

I know I try to conserve energy and undo exertion whenever possible. Especially in the office.

Ensure your desk is of suitable size, as you will be signing contracts, doing your billing and performing many other important activities here.

I know I need to install a larger desk because all the contracts I'm signing are spilling over and falling on the floor. It's such a nuisance!

and a storage filing cabinet for storing everything.

Now, would you suggest a 4-drawer instead of the 2-drawer filing cabinet? I'd like some clarification on this one please.

Most reactions

Back