Photos: 3 Very Different Views Of Japanese Internment

I posted this after midnight, so a bump for the morning folks.

An interesting comparison amongst the three; Adams was perfect but bloodless, while Dorothea Lange and and Toyo Miyataki actually had some humanity to their images.

Apparently public education l failed me yet again. I had to look up "Japanise Internment" I remember studying Pearl Harbor, but we never touched on this aspect as far as I remember.

A very interesting, and enlightening article for me. Thank you for sharing.

Apparently public education l failed me yet again. I had to look up "Japanise Internment" I remember studying Pearl Harbor, but we never touched on this aspect as far as I remember.

A very interesting, and enlightening article for me. Thank you for sharing.
I knew about it before now-- but yes, public education failed me as well. We NEVER learned about this in school.

This is something that is not taught as History of North America.

All Japanese along the west coast of Canada and USA were rounded up ... including my parents, uncles, aunts, and grandparents were interned here in Canada.
Here in Canada, the government took possession of whatever they could not carry (and sold it off to the public).
The Japanese were not the only ones they did this to, during WWII.

Am I the only one that read that as "3 very different views of Japanese internet"?

Spoiler alert....there is NO anime, manga, or yaoi in the linked page.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Thanks for this. "The Greatest Generation" avoids most things that complicate or contradict its version of history.

Thanks for this. "The Greatest Generation" avoids most things that complicate or contradict its version of history.
Oh my, this is quite a generalization as to an entire generation of people, isn't it?

Governments in general prefer to control the story line of history, as has been the case for thousands of years. Something about this particular generation got your goat?

A very disturbing and embarrassing violation of civil liberties. Hard for me to relate to the blatant, racist thought process. Unfortunately, under the surface, I don't see much has changed to this day.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

A very disturbing and embarrassing violation of civil liberties. Hard for me to relate to the blatant, racist thought process. Unfortunately, under the surface, I don't see much has changed to this day.

Depending on how this fall goes we could be facing another similar circumstance with a different group of people.

Depending on how this fall goes we could be facing another similar circumstance with a different group of people.
Yes sir

That shocks and saddens me greatly. Folks seems intent on presenting this idea that the US is this perfect little angel that has never done anything wrong. We as a country have done some serious ****ed up things during our time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back