Photos by the river

Dimension

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! My name is Erik, and this is my first time posting here. I'm pretty much a beginner at this, but I've always been interested in photography and I've wanted to get myself a camera for a long time, but it didn't happen until this week when I ordered my first DSLR camera, the Canon 500D with the EF-S IS USM 17-85 lens. So here I'm uploading my first photos, feel free to criticize and edit if you feel like it, since I haven't gotten myself to edit these myself nor do I particularly know how to edit them yet :p So here they are!

IMG_0124m.jpg

IMG_0127m.jpg

IMG_0145m.jpg

The sun was low so I found it hard to take many good shots but I'll take more pictures tomorrow, and hopefully I'll have gotten my filters by then (ordered them separately).

I'm sure your main focus in this photo #3 was the dog and not the leaves in the tree. However that's all that is in focus. Thats really easy to do. Make sure your focus (the read dot) is what you want in focus. Just my personal preference (others may be different... It think that it would've been more effective if you got down lower... on the same level as the dog and got him coming towards you from an angle. Just an idea.

Well yeah I know the third picture got a weird focus, my dog is so energetic I didn't manage to focus properly on that pic (or really any of the pics I took of her :lol:). At first I wasn't sure whether I liked the pic or not but in the end I kind of like how it came out anyhow. But it would probably have been loads better though if I got the focus right.

I'm pretty new myself so take my comments with a grain of salt, but in my opinion:

#1 The DOF is good though the subject doesn't fill the frame enough. the white on the flower is overexposed and detail is lost.

#2 Is mostly out of focus and really not compossed very well at all, the subject is mostly cut out of the frame and the angle that the photo is take is a bit boring - it's just like looking down at a dog which we've probably all done at some point in time :)

#3 The focus is on the wrong subject. could have been good if the dog had run forward at the right time though!

Keep practising its the only way to improve and with your nice new camera you'll improve fast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back