Photos for you to critique :)

sarasphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wondering if you like or dislike, ideas? very new to photography and would LOVE tips! :D

here is my website also, Saras Photography

008.jpg

022.jpg

038.jpg

I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the angle on #1, and not getting the subjects all in the frame on #2 and #3.

The pictures are nice though.

I like the idea of the angle on #1 but I think it's way too much, and drop the PS flare. I know the challenge of getting kids to sit still for a photo so bravo on #3. The crop is a little tight on #3.

Thanks!! I am so happy I found this message board because I need as much help as I can get! :lol:

#1 The flare is annoying and is a big distraction. I personally don't like the angle. Pictures were taken during time with harsh lighting and you have hot spots on her arms, face and forehead. Focus is quite soft.

#2 The color is a bit flat. Perhaps bump up the saturation a little bit.

#3 The color seems flat here too.

Good try for the first week though. Keep it up.

1) i agree the angle is too extreme...flare kinda looks cool because it sort of looks like a fairy haha
2) too dim...crop out left side...wood pole is taking away from ur subject.
3) again another dull photo

Hi there and welcome!

Her are some tips I learned on this forum:

1. try not to crop out people's hands, arms, top of heads.

2. in a portrait, good focus on the eyes are very important.

3. your 3rd pic looks like you just snapped it without putting much thought into the composition.

I suggest you concentrate more on composition and sharpen your Photoshop skills.

Sara,

Take my review with a grain of salt because I'm fairly new (and have pictures up for CC on this forum also.) :)

1. The first picture is my favorite because the lighting is best. It would be nice if you could see more catch-lights in her eyes in this warm lighting, though.

I also tend to turn a lot of photos at an angle ... Several of them I posted for CC & several people commented on them. The angular pictures tend to come off as looking "gimicky." The more I looked into professional photographer's website the more I noticed that those that are getting paid only do angles very selectively. I am going to try and use less angles in my pictures.

I like the sun flare in this picture.

Her elbow is cut off, the comp. on this would be better if you could see her elbow. :)

2. This picture is pretty good. The catchlights in her eyes are really nice and it might be nice to bump them up a little bit in PS. The lighting here is not very dynamic, making the photo appear more like a snapshot. I also would crop a little further away and include the top of her head.

3. Something someone commented on my photo made me think about this one. I think it would have been more professional looking if it had been shot straight-on rather than at an angle (but that is photographer's taste, so up to you). The crop is a little tight and you have a wrist, an elbow, and toes that are cut off.

I agree with whoever said it's really ambitious to try and shoot 5 little ones!

Good job! :)

Most reactions

Back