What's new

Photos from a shoot this past weekend C & C

b.baer

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
33
Reaction score
4
Location
Indiana
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. $1.webp
2. $20.webp
3. $19.webp
4.$29.webp
5.$11.webp


This was a shoot for some friends of mine. Which was my first shoot ever. Besides my own family.
My favorite would have to be #4, Love the fact that Dad has no clue what is going on above him and I happen to snap this right as it was going on. Priceless! The day of the shoot my friend who is also a amazing photographer assisted me. So that was a HUGE help.

Okay not sure how the attachment photo didn't get placed in line with the rest ?? Oh well its still there lol
 

Attachments

  • $24.webp
    $24.webp
    913.4 KB · Views: 198
Not bad, but the lighting needs quite a bit of work. Some areas are quite flat and underexposed, while others are blown out completely. If you aren't using flashes, I would highly recommend at least picking up a reflector.
 
Okay someone brought to my attention that most people on here would not offer any C & C because I have my setting to "not okay to edit"? Well me being a noob and all! #1 had no clue and #2 just dont trust people. However I will set it to "okay to edit" for this.
 
Most people will shy away from giving specific C&C if there are more than 1 or 2 photos. In general, the lighting needs work. So-called 'dappled' lighting, as seen particularly prominently in #3 and #5 is really bad for portraits. This is usually caused by being in the shade of a tree with highlights shining through. It is uneven and just looks bad on a person's face. Avoid at all costs unless you have the necessary lighting equipment and knowledge to overcome it.

#1 there is too much space above their heads and not enough of the actual people.
#2 she isn't even looking at the camera - typically a 'must' for portraiture.
#4 is cute but the tree and building are big distractions

the last one with the foreground flowers is the best of the bunch as the lighting is relatively even, the poses look pretty natural and it shows a bit of thought to the compostion, where the surroundings are actually helping the shot rather than detracting from it.
 
What fokker said. When shooting in shade, a stray ray of sunshine on the face really overpowers the image. This shows up so much more on a oicture than what you see with your eyes. Keep that in mind when you are planning your shot.
 
yeah the way she is kinda leaning back in #2 and somewhat slumped over doesn't make her look her best.
 
Yes it was my whole purpose to take #2 with them not looking at me. In #4 was just one of those cases where I end up just snapping the shot. Since he was busy digging for gold. I think that it was a close enough shot that the tree & building in the back aren't really that huge of a distraction but I can see how you would say that. They were busy watch dad & son on the rock. Yes the lighting was an issue which I tried to correct in the editing process but it didn't work completely. They are not perfect but its a start. My clients were happy with the turn out so for that I am thankful for. Thank you all for your opinions. I will take them all into consideration on my next shoot. :)
 
I guess I'll be the one to say it: That baby is extremely ugly. #1 would have been a winner if it hadn't been for her (him?) and the other kid looking away.
 
Kazooie said:
I guess I'll be the one to say it: That baby is extremely ugly. #1 would have been a winner if it hadn't been for her (him?) and the other kid looking away.

That baby is not ugly.
 
Yes it was my whole purpose to take #2 with them not looking at me.

There are few instances where the 'looking off into the distance' shot works, and until you can identify them you're better off having them look at the camera, especially for this type of family photography. In this shot it just looks particularly bad with her slouchy pose. Out of interest did you charge for these?

Most people will shy away from giving specific C&C if there are more than 1 or 2 photos. In general, the lighting needs work. So-called 'dappled' lighting, as seen particularly prominently in #3 and #5 is really bad for portraits. This is usually caused by being in the shade of a tree with highlights shining through. It is uneven and just looks bad on a person's face. Avoid at all costs unless you have the necessary lighting equipment and knowledge to overcome it.

pet.gif

You just copied what I wrote?!
 
Wow that's a harsh thing to say! That baby is beautiful! That was really rude thing for you to say.
 
I'm sorry but I can't believe you'd even saying something like that had to take a shallow person to say a baby is ugly! I'm sorry but that really upsets me. It's one thing to say something about my skills but to say that. That's just wrong.
 
Kazooie said:
I guess I'll be the one to say it: That baby is extremely ugly. #1 would have been a winner if it hadn't been for her (him?) and the other kid looking away.

Lol
You ain't clever.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom