Photos that changed the world

Did you guys hear that there's new evidence showing that the famous Robert Capa shot of the Spanish soldier shot in the field is a fake?
I still can't get over that...

I, personally, don't agree, no matter how beautiful, telling, shocking or revealing the picture is...
Isn't it a little presumtuous of us to think that this art/profession can change anything? The world won't change because of us...We can tell the story, maybe, but to change the script...
So, what, exactly, are you doing on this forum?

"Changed the world"? Isn't that a bit too strong?

Really, people think that there are photographs that changed the world?

I, personally, don't agree, no matter how beautiful, telling, shocking or revealing the picture is...
Isn't it a little presumtuous of us to think that this art/profession can change anything? The world won't change because of us...We can tell the story, maybe, but to change the script...

I will say that the image of the Vietnamese officer shooting a prisoner and the image of the running child from the napalm attack did change the world. These images gave a major emotional boost to the anti-war movement at the time.

Last edited:
I've seen most of these before. I'm not sure that they all changed the world, but the collection is pretty classic.:thumbup:

J.:mrgreen:

Did you guys hear that there's new evidence showing that the famous Robert Capa shot of the Spanish soldier shot in the field is a fake?
I still can't get over that...

OMG, no! Are you kidding? Do you have a link?

I was somewhat shocked and dismayed by the fact none of my images were listed on that site.

:meh:

I recall the photo "Reichstag flag" was brought up in my studies. The photo shows one of two soldiers with two wrist watches... which was later one of the watches was edited out.

a better way to put this is "Photographs of things that had an impact on the world"
Very morbid images...

They forgot this on... the very first photograph:

world-first-photograph-nicephore-niepce.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back