Photosession with my 50mm. C&C please

LuckySe7en

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally picked up a nifty fifty and did a quick session. Here are some of the results. Please let me know what you guys (and gals) think.

Thanks!

IMG_8015-2-2.jpg

IMG_8012-2-2.jpg

IMG_8026-2-2.jpg

Are these your girls? They're adorable!

I like #3 the best

That's actually my favorite too. Yes these are my babies :)

Looks like the lens works well for you. These little ones put a smile on my face today.

I like also the first. A perfect symmetry could have been slightly better ;) .

#3 is the clear winner for me, I couldn't help grinning as I looked at it. If that reaction alone doesn't say "good photography" I don't know what does.

They look incredibly happy and that alone really makes the images stand out. The don't have the forced "smile at the camera, sweety" grin. The compositions are nice, the images are well exposed, but it seems like you have applied a vignette around the border? It makes the colors around the edge look muddy and flat. The first one is cropped too close for my taste. I would leave more space on either side of the bench and lower the bench in the frame just a tad.

Very pretty girls and very nice pictures.

I'm going to nit pick and split hairs, but these are overall good pictures.

I'm not enjoying the vignetting in any of these, not personally my taste.

#1. If you were @ a 90 degree angle to the bench, and had the entire bench in the frame I think it would make it a lot better.

#2. Great picture with geniune laughter and smiles. Really warming. The horizon needs some fixing though.

#3. Another great shot, and again horizons are a little off.

They all seem a little warm but overall good shots.

Thanks for the comments. I could never get these girls to smile like this when we take mall photos lol
@ GreatPhotoRace- I think I agree with you on the vignetting, I ad this to ALL my photos lol I think I'm addicted.

I agree, if you had the whole bench in #1, it would have been perfect! still like it though, just trying to give some CC. Plus they are your little girls, so they have so much more value than the photography aspect.

The original photo contains the full bench, I'll do another edit. My thinking behind the crop was to keep the frame right around the girls. I actually thought the entire bench would take away from the photo. Thanks again

The next batch I edit, I'm going to try and stay away from the vignetting...TRY lol

Very nicely done! Looks like the nifty 50 is working well for you :) My nit pick is perfect symetry in the first one. Some of the bench is cut out. But like I said I'm just being nit picky for nice set :)

These are good. The one of the bench would have been better with the whole bench but the others are perfect.

#3 is excellent. Absolutely excellent. I'm amazed you captured that with such a narrow DoF while they were running.

#1 is eye catching. I like the setup. The bench is ever so slightly un-level. The slanted road in the background makes the image feel even more unlevel.

#2 is also quite nice, but I don't like the lines at the top of the frame.

Great stuff.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back