Photosession with my 50mm. C&C please

these are great. The laughter makes it so genuine. are all these natural light?

Thanks again everyone. I appreciate the comments and help.
@ ewick- yes they are all natural light. It was a good day. The sun was hiding behind clouds all day. I shot with my T2i and 50mm 1.8 only.

Well, you've done a better job with yours than I've ever been able to do. :) Sharpness and color is right on.

Great shots - I agree that #3 is the best.
I just picked this lens up as well and have been playing today :)

For those of you that said the background is unlevel, if the girls are even, how do you "fix" that? if you rotate the photo to make it even, dont you give the girls the look of them not being level?

Yea I was running into that problem. I usually try to get the horizon level but the location is a bunch of hills. I had to choose, do I make the girls level or the background lol

For those of you that said the background is unlevel, if the girls are even, how do you "fix" that? if you rotate the photo to make it even, dont you give the girls the look of them not being level?

No.

Yea I was running into that problem. I usually try to get the horizon level but the location is a bunch of hills. I had to choose, do I make the girls level or the background lol

If it is hilly, you should base your horizons on things that are level. For example, in the first picture, you would base the horizon on the top of the bench... for the second, you can use the structure behind the girls, specifically the black pole looking object. The third picture, I would use the bench again for reference.

I like these. Other than minor issues they're very good. IMHO, vignette was tactfully done and very subtle; I enjoy it. Good job!

If it is hilly, you should base your horizons on things that are level. For example, in the first picture, you would base the horizon on the top of the bench... for the second, you can use the structure behind the girls, specifically the black pole looking object. The third picture, I would use the bench again for reference.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're talking about as I'm taking the picture, right? If so, then I totally agree, I could have made everything line up a little better.
I was meaning as I was doing pp, I had to choose which to make level.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're talking about as I'm taking the picture, right? If so, then I totally agree, I could have made everything line up a little better.
I was meaning as I was doing pp, I had to choose which to make level.

Like I said, these are nitpicks. I think you did a great job with these pictures, and you've captured a side of your children that all of us parents try so hard to do. It's not easy.
As for horizons, I meant both. Usually, man made things are level, so horizons should be based on man made objects, whether it is during shooting, or fixing in PP.

The exposure is good, :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back