Photosession with my 50mm. C&C please

@ Ron- I can't remember what aperture I used for this shot. I want to say 2.2. I tried 1.8 but I couldnt get everything in focus. Is there another way I can blow out the background w/out opening the aperture more?

Aperture = ƒ/3.2 (EXIF is readable).
Actually, I like also this way, it gives some context. If it is a crop, try to enclose both ends of the bench, and perhaps straighten slightly. I like how the composition emphasize the different age on the two girls.

Very charming. Just curious, was this shot during the evening? I know this is highly dependent on a lot but, how far were you from them/what settings/priorities were you shooting? I LOVE THESE and actually like the vignetting. How did you achieve this in pp?

Adorable girls!!!!

No these were shot right in the afternoon sometime. I would say I was at least 10 ft in front of them. I left room around them to allow for cropping. I only shoot manual now so I simply set the aperture I wanted (that would allow for both of them to be in focus) exposed, which left me with a fast shutter speed. ISO was kept to 100 just to make sure everything was clear.
Post processing was pretty simple, I warmed them up a tad, increased the saturation very little and did a subtle vignette.
Thanks for the compliments!

Wow these pictures are all great! Good composition, lighting, color saturation. I do agree about a slightly larger crop and straigtening of #1 though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back