photoshoot c&c

Bunda4th

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys/gals,

I rarely post here because of school but I got a chance to do a mini shoot of my car and so far I would like some opinion on it. These photo have been edited. So far I got one company ask to use my car on their site.

Tell me what do you guys think and what could be change.

Camera: Nikon D40 with 55-200mm VR lense

hdr_F.jpg

hdr_Final3.jpg

HDR_Final.jpg

Thanks in advance.

that looks really good. I think everything is spot on and looking very professional in #1 and #2.

#3 also has nice lightning and everything, it just doesn't "catch" me.

they look good but in the first one that sign and the blue paint on the ground is distracting. and the 2nd and 3rd are good but the parking permit is distracting.

Thanks for the comment. I didn't realize the parking permit on them until much later. I will remember to remove it the next time I take pictures.

I like the composition and angle of #3 the most. Your car is clean, which is nice. I think the color of your car makes it very difficult to photograph and you did a decent job. The exposures look good. Ditto on the parking permit. Also, in #1, it's minor, but the light pole growing out of the roof of your car. Just something to watch out for.

I like #1 the best. Composition is good, but the reflections bug me.
#2 is nice as well, but maybe if you moved a bit to your left, it'll capture a much better angle.
#3. is my least favorite. Its probably the road, but it seems a bit crooked.

Nice car.

my personal preference is that I like cars shot at shorter focal lengths. it makes the photo look more dynamic. Nice shots though.

my personal preference is that I like cars shot at shorter focal lengths. it makes the photo look more dynamic. Nice shots though.

Thanks for the great comment. Can you explain how a shorter focal length makes it more dynamic? I am still getting into photography.

Objects look very different, depending on the focal length that they are photographed at. Here are 2 examples:

18mm:
IMG_0433.jpg

55mm:
IMG_0432.jpg

notice that the boat appears stretched out in the first photo. That is due to the shorter focal length. In the longer focal length, the boat appears more as it does when you are walking by it.

18mm
IMG_0500.jpg

55mm
IMG_0503.jpg

Notice that in the first one, the buggy looks like it's about to run you over. The front tire appears far larger due to the shorter focal length. In the second photo, it appears more true to life. The dimensions are not skewed because of the perspective.

it all depends on what you're trying to showcase in your photo. In your photos, the tires on the front appear small, not because they are small, but because my brain is telling me that if I am seeing something that close up, the front wheels should be much larger than the rear. A shorter focal length accomplishes this.

In portraiture, you'll hear the exact opposite mentioned. While I consider a ~20mm focal length ideal for vehicle photos, the ideal portrait focal length is about 85mm.

that looks really good. I think everything is spot on and looking very professional in #1 and #2.

#3 also has nice lightning and everything, it just doesn't "catch" me.

In whole-hearted (minded) agreement!

er... there are things "growing" out of the car, 2 and 3 seem to be taken on the "dark side" the reflections are extremely distracting, the parking permit/pass in the mirror needs to be taken off, the car is not straight (horizontal lines)

other than that great height (way to get down low) wheels are facing the camera, exposure seems about right, i would add a little depth, turn the aperture to as close to f/2.8 as possible if you're in an industrial setting like that and stretched for space...

put some more space between the car and distant objects, keep shooting, practice can never hurt, not bad though, i don't mean to come off harsh, but those are the first things i notice

To me, everything looks just a little off level... other than that, coming from someone shooting the exact same hardware- nice pics.

* Some quick PP could remove that parking permit with little effect on image quality. Also, might wanna look into something to replace your license plate for shoots (maybe a nice NISMO tag or something):mrgreen:

p!nK

Here's a quick PP on the first one. I changed the crop and healed out the blue in the bottom right. Hope you enjoy.

Most reactions

Back