Photoshoot Pricing?

Thank you very much! Hahaha I agree on the pricing I will probably call some local people around here and see what they have to say. Thanks for the tips!

Oh no its nothing that serious, and I'm not making enough to be called a business. And my parents are fully involved

Facebook would probably be a really good place for you to start. Since you're in high school many of your friends and people you know will be graduating. Post some of your work periodically and perhaps some kind of deal just so people know that you do this kind of work. At this early stage you could probably keep it all on your personal page but in the near future you'll want to make a separate FB page dedicated solely to the business. I'd worry about a web page later after you've got some traction. That's only my opinion though. Good luck.

To the OP, do you mind my asking how old you are?

Good lord! You're better than most adults that I know starting out, haha. Definitely room for improvement, but you've got a solid start! :sexywink:

Well for the future, I would suggest not taking 800 pictures hahaha.

I would say charge $250. Just for your time and cd, and if you want to give them a free 8x10 or something go ahead. And then charge per print.

I charge $250 just for my time, haha. But for senior portraits I throw in hair and makeup, because they better they look, the more they buy, hahaha.

That being said, I think for *you* $250 for time and a disk might be a good place to start. But be selective about what you're giving them. Don't give them 800 photos... give them like... 30 at most.

Don't get comfortable at that price point forever though. As you get better, and become better known, you're going to be able to charge more (and from the look of it, if you keep going at the rate you are, it won't be long until you can do that).

Babysitting vs taking photos. I would be far more concerned liability wise with babysitting yet no one would bat an eye over charging for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. :lol:

Also... Unrelated to your photos... if you're responding to someone's post in particular, if you click the button underneath their post with the "reply with quote" button, it'll quote them, so everyone knows you you're responding to.

If you want to respond to multiple people in one post (like I'm doing here), you can click the little thought bubble with the + sign next to it on each post you want to respond to. And then on the last post click the "reply with quote" button and it'll bring in *all* the quotes you'd like to respond to. :sillysmi:

To the OP, do you mind my asking how old you are?

Good lord! You're better than most adults that I know starting out, haha. Definitely room for improvement, but you've got a solid start! :sexywink:

Well for the future, I would suggest not taking 800 pictures hahaha.

I would say charge $250. Just for your time and cd, and if you want to give them a free 8x10 or something go ahead. And then charge per print.

I charge $250 just for my time, haha. But for senior portraits I throw in hair and makeup, because they better they look, the more they buy, hahaha.

That being said, I think for *you* $250 for time and a disk might be a good place to start. But be selective about what you're giving them. Don't give them 800 photos... give them like... 30 at most.

Don't get comfortable at that price point forever though. As you get better, and become better known, you're going to be able to charge more (and from the look of it, if you keep going at the rate you are, it won't be long until you can do that).

Babysitting vs taking photos. I would be far more concerned liability wise with babysitting yet no one would bat an eye over charging for that.

Agreed. :lol:

Also... Unrelated to your photos... if you're responding to someone's post in particular, if you click the button underneath their post with the "reply with quote" button, it'll quote them, so everyone knows you you're responding to.

If you want to respond to multiple people in one post (like I'm doing here), you can click the little thought bubble with the + sign next to it on each post you want to respond to. And then on the last post click the "reply with quote" button and it'll bring in *all* the quotes you'd like to respond to. :sillysmi:

HAHAHA ok thanks for that. Im sure ill get the hang of it :) Thanks so much! and lol i ended up with 30-40. I had to sort around 700 since I took 5 at a time. lol thanks for the tip.

Facebook would probably be a really good place for you to start. Since you're in high school many of your friends and people you know will be graduating. Post some of your work periodically and perhaps some kind of deal just so people know that you do this kind of work. At this early stage you could probably keep it all on your personal page but in the near future you'll want to make a separate FB page dedicated solely to the business. I'd worry about a web page later after you've got some traction. That's only my opinion though. Good luck.

Yes I am considering that... And I don't have a facebook soo... haha

Awe man, that would have really helped you out by already having a network of friends that are graduating.

It won't be hard as a 16 year old to quickly build that network. :lol:

She just needs to create one. The rest will happen. :lmao:

You're 16 and you're not on Facebook?

Are you 16 and Amish?

:D

Teens don't really use fb anymore as much. It's all about twitter + Instagram. Their parents are on fb lol!!

You're 16 and you're not on Facebook?

Are you 16 and Amish?

:D

LOL I think if I was Amish I wouldn't be on here either? Nooo I used to have one but it was too much of a time waster for me.

Most reactions

Back