PhotoShop Addicts.....

hahahah
i work nights at perotsystems
i sleep in the day i'm a vampire

when you are using the airbrush/paintbrush
hit the ALT key and it is the color selector

Oh, I didn't know that... Thank!

And.. man.. nights stink. Silly Vampire. Soooo... I guess you are good at the night photography? Sorry, couldn't resist.

np

nah nights are saweeeeet
you don't have to jack with lame ass ppl and traffic and the nasty heat

kinda :D
i tried to see if you were on msn but you weren't i was going to show you how to do a few things

Haha... well, um... I normally sleep when it's dark unlike you. :p You have a good point about the nights but for as much as I love cloudy days, I'm not sure I could live without the daylight.

Hey Karrisa, i don't think what your trying to do is as easy as what Controlz did for ya. It may pass for real with a passing glace but if you look closer the color is still off. Especally seeing the original, (which i also just glaced at) i noticed the difference in color immediatly. As if you put uneven amounts of foundation on your face before you took the shot. Trying to cool down hot spots in photos like that takes alot of time, and alot of work. If you look at the picture the light from the rest of the pic suggests your face should be alot lighter in the places manipulated. You have to change the whole picture for it to truley be successful. Personally i like the original. You can only do so much with available lighting. Outdoor portraits are difficult to take because the sun can play some tricks with you. If you want total control of the light you must use a studio. Anyways i like the original, (the wide angle is alittle distracting), but the blown out light helps this photo's charm i think.

sup with the toes in the original?

test1.jpg

canonrebel said:
sup with the toes in the original?

test1.jpg

Truth be told... I was half falling off that darn tree when that picture was taken.... I was pretty happy to have not shown it in my face.

Sorry, got caught in the middle of a million surprise tests and the house is a wreck... I WANT to work on it soooooo bad but just can't justify doing that over getting things like... my tail light fixed and changing my oil and cleaning the house.

By the way, canonrebel I like what you did. The colors are amazing. Did you do anything particular to my eyes or was that just the way the color changes affected the over all image?

By the way, canonrebel I like what you did. The colors are amazing. Did you do anything particular to my eyes or was that just the way the color changes affected the over all image?

Sorry, Karissa, I couldn't resist the eyes. I sensed that the original pic didn't do justice to the color of your eyes. Here's how I edited the eyes....

In PhotoShop versions 6,7, or 8
1. Dupe layer (click 5th icon at bottom of layer palette)
2. Paint out catch lights with brush tool and color=black
3. Set forground color= White
4. ALT+Click on New Layer Icon at the bottom of layer palette (5th icon from left)
From Drop-Down-Dialog box, set Blending Mode= Hard Light
Check the box for 'Adding Grey'
Click OK
Select White color for paint brush tool
Add a catch light to the pupils
With small brush size paint a white cresent in lower part of
the iris (oposite of the catch light)
REPEAT for the other eye
Decrease Opacity to 15-20% for now
5. ALT+Click on New Layer Icon (5th icon from left)
Blending Mode= Overlay
Check the box for Adding Grey
Repaint cresents with color=cyan
7. For Brown Eyes, paint the cresents with Red
Blue Eyes, paint the cresents with Cyan
Hazel Eyes= Your Choice (2 layers on cresent - usually yellow, redish brown)
8. Make the previous layer(2nd from top) active by clicking on it.
Change the opacity from 15-20% to 0-10% or until the cresents
have accented the iris color apporpriately for personal taste.

Blue eyes such as yours are a real treat to work with.

BTW, I took out the toes from the edited pic--I had to! I just couldn't imagine a foot being anywhere near where the toe was unless it's leg had been broken in a couple of places.

The highlights on the cheeks weren't really highlights--they were blowouts. I didn't want to paint over the blowouts with coordinating colors, 'cause the paint-over would really look fake in an actual 8x10 print. I used a combination of alternating "Healing Brush" and "Patch Tool".

The position of the light appeared to me as being at about the 12 o'clock positon. I recognized the portrait technique as the "Butterfly" technique on account of the butterfly shaped shadow from the nose on the upper lip.

To my eye, this photo was created by an experienced photographer. It has a professional pose. The model has experience posing. The light placement was well placed. 4 out of 5 aint bad--only thing missing was effective exposure. I would have been proud to have taken a shot like this one.

Rebel

Most reactions

New Topics

Back