Photoshop CS6 or Elements 11 ? quick question.

lil dvl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just curious i have been using photoshop elements 6 and its time to upgrade.

Was looking at CS6 teacher edition or Elements 11

Does CS6 do everything i can do with elements and more, or do they function different?

Does the teacher student edition function the same as the regular edition?

I think Adobe still offer free trials for their products. Give it a try and see if you like it or not. By the way, while you are there, also gives Adobe Lightroom a try. It is not a replacement of Photoshop, but I can do most of my post work with just Lightroom. From importing the photos to exporting the final results. If you have Photoshop, you can select a photo from within Lightroom and choose edit it with PS if needed. Of course, if you need to clone something out or need to work with layers or layer mask, you need Photoshop.

I've used several versions of PS, and never any other image-editing software, but people I know who use PS Elements tell me that the latest versions give you access to layers and layer masks. I'm sure you wouldn't be able to do quite as much as in the full PS, so it depends on what you need, but going from Elements 6 to 11 you would have a lot of new stuff to play with and learn about.

Does the teacher student edition function the same as the regular edition?
Yes.
Yes, but... functionality is the same, HOWEVER the S/T edition cannot be used for commercial work and it cannot be upgraded.
At one time Adobe Student/Teacher editions could be used for commercial purposes only in North America. I believe CS 4 was the last to have that restriction

It is my understanding that Student/Teacher editions can now be used for commercial purposes worldwide.
Student/Teacher editions do have different EULA terms (End User License Agreement) that restrict the number of computers they can be used on, and license transfer restrictions.

I qualified for CS 5 upgrade pricing when I moved up from CS 4 Extended Student Edition. However John is correct that there was no upgrade pricing to move from CS 4 Extended Student Edition to CS 5 Extended Student Edition. Of course if someone was still a student, they would still qualify for the Student pricing of CS 5 Extended.

Ps Elements 6 is the oldest version of PsE I have. It has Layers and some basic masking capabilities. It is my understanding Elements has aways had Layers.
The current version is PsE 11.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back