The client love the photos .... and do you think the client will ask "Are you using photoshop to make these beautiful photos?" Or do the client really care?
There are tools available for us to use, use it or not is up to that person.
That's why I said to not worry about how people make great shots, unless you're signing their checks!
Then that's the core difference, it seems, between my approach and the approach of many of the posters here. I don't simply take photographs to produce photographs. For me, the process is as interesting as the end result.
If you go for a drive, sometimes it's not to get somewhere. It's for the love of driving.
Still cant get my head around why it bothers you so much how other people make a living or do their hobbies, because it probably doesn't directly affect you. (Not being rude, just honest in my perception).
I totally agree on the fantastic and obvious Bokeh between the drive and the destination. I've ridden around the back roads and coasts of San Diego and So Cal on sport bikes with my wife for a decade perfectly happy just finding new places to go for the sake of going.
As far as money goes, if someone wants to pay me to take shots with no post processing, after I tried to convince them they'd be better off with a pro, I'd take the shots just the way they ask and be more than happy to get paid for it, though I don't think I'd feel good charging my normal rates.
The reality is that I shoot motorsports 85% of the time. Until this month, it was exclusively with a Sony Cybershot. I usually do some cropping and from time to time adjustments on color or sharpness. Once in a while I'll do something more to get a specific effect.
This particular shot has been cropped. That's it. I could dress it up
real good if I wanted to, but I don't because it's a clean shot. (CORRacing Chula Vista June 2007 Josh Baldwin (This is signed, hanging on my wall

))
Camera: Sony DSC-H5
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1000)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 17 mm
ISO Speed: 160
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off, Did not fire
Now that I am selling more work and can afford a better camera, I plan on taking full advantage of Gimp, Irfanview, Auto Mode and what-ever else I can do to get good results now, knowing I'm in for a learning curve after not using a manual camera for nearly two decades.
I've never shot motorsports with a manual camera, and I'm really looking forward to being able to bring shots like the one below to life with minimal pp. (This has not been adjusted, was taken in auto mode)
Camera: Canon EOS 50D <---- My second day with this camera. Traded for a 7D, got it last night. :thumbup:
Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 80 mm
ISO Speed: 1600
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off, Did not fire
And yes, I think I owe an apology to anyone I got too personal with, including you oxy. Can I call you oxy?
