Olympus c-3030
400asa
Mode: shot on Fully automatic

RamAir.jpg

Car: 12.89 ET/ 110.9 MPH 1/4 mile

Now, where in the world did you get that title...? :wink:

Nice wheels! :D

<<< also wonders about the title?

Nice, 12's arent bad. Those LS1 cars have a ton in them though. There are guys up here that are deep into the 10's on a simple cam swap, PCM tune, and drag radials. Then they drive them to work! :shock:

Almost had one of those. Wow-weeee was that a fun car. Right off the showroom floor without mods. I can only imagine what it would be like tricked out. Too bad the hubby didn't fit in it too well. :(

Canon Fan said:

Nice, 12's arent bad. Those LS1 cars have a ton in them though. There are guys up here that are deep into the 10's on a simple cam swap, PCM tune, and drag radials. Then they drive them to work! :shock:

defiantely, LS1's are great engines... and gotta love the loppy (sp?) idle sound with some aggressive cams :D

Canon Fan said:

This car was 13.2et/106 mph off the show-room floor. It has since been tricked (slightly). It's dyno tested at 400 HP and turns 12.89/110.9

I installed a Moser Ford 9-inch rearend with 4.11 gears, 31-spline axles, and Detroit Locker pumpkin. It has a 6-speed. I drive it every day if it doesn't rain.

I hang with a bunch of kids who have tricked out their TA's big time.
One kid has installed twin turbos and turns low 10 et's in the 1/4.
Another kid has a super charger installed plus other goodies. On a good day he turns low 11's.
Another kid has 3:73 gears, Cam, custom heads, and wet N0s=150 extra hp. He turns the 1/4 in high 10's. And they are driven every day to work.
Another has a stroker 385 cubic inch LS1. He turns high 9's but it isn't streetable.

My wife's TA is exactly like the red one except it's newer and is without any mods whatsoever, it's peuter instead of red, auto tranny instead of 6-speed. It dynoed 355 hp right off the show-room floor. My wife only lets me drive it when she's with me. She raced it in the 1/4 mile and her best time was 13.8 seconds/ 106 mph
Can't decide which I like more--photography or drag racing.

terri said:
Now, where in the world did you get that title...? :wink:

Nice wheels! :D

Thank you, Terri.

The title refers to the fact that the snapshot is pure camera and no post processing whatsoever.

[quote="canonrebelbest time was 13.8 seconds/ 306 MPH. She hauls groceries, too. quote]

OMG!!! 306mph!?!?!?! J/K!

400hp huh? Man get that sucker to hook off the line, shift it harder and you should be in the high 11's. I've got an '84 Z28 350 M5 and a '83 Z28 305 M5. I'm old school- no EFI for me! Can't wait to start working on them again. Great now you got me looking for my keys :roll:

love draggin too... got a mate with a 12 second VW kombi... another with a 12 second beetle.... and another with a 10 second fiat 500 :D
my camper will only do about 18.6 seconds but that's still a good sub-20 pass for some something with the aerodynamics of a house.

wow, thats a cool machine!

Canon Fan said:
[quote="canonrebelbest time was 13.8 seconds/ 306 MPH. She hauls groceries, too. quote]

OMG!!! 306mph!?!?!?! J/K!

Please excuse the MISS-TYPE..
It should have been typed 13.8/106 mph
2ramairs.jpg

"street warrior" Rebel

canonrebel said:
The title refers to the fact that the snapshot is pure camera and no post processing whatsoever.
You seem to be pushing that point. I suppose it depends on if you want to be a purist or an artist. I think an artist will use any tool he can to make good art. I think purism only matters to other purists. In my experience, it certainly doesn't matter to the viewer. And the viewer should be who we all do this for in the first place. Well done artwork is well done artwork, I don't care what tools were used.

And, in my opinion, you might rethink skipping a little post production on that shot.

Daniel

DanielK said:
canonrebel said:
You seem to be pushing that point. I suppose it depends on if you want to be a purist or an artist. I think an artist will use any tool he can to make good art. I think purism only matters to other purists. In my experience, it certainly doesn't matter to the viewer. And the viewer should be who we all do this for in the first place. Well done artwork is well done artwork, I don't care what tools were used.

Daniel

DalnielK, You could not have expressed my own feelings more accurately. "I will fly wingman with you anytime".

My current difficulty with post processing seems to be the calibration of my monitors (all 6 of them). They present different displays and I can't determine which is the more realistic. The comments I've been receiving from the forum lately concerning my PS'ed submissions do not seem to be describing absolutely the same view I have on some of my monitors. I've come to believe that I'm probably not seeing the same example as other forum members.

A Monitor Calibration System is definitely in my near future.

I have a ViewSonic 21", AOC 17" LCD, KDS 21", KDS 19" Flat Screen, Sony 15" Multiscan 200sx, and a Dell 15. To further add to the confusion, I have 6 different graphics cards. I just can't determine which of them is the most accurate.

canonrebel said:
I have a ViewSonic 21", AOC 17" LCD, KDS 21", KDS 19" Flat Screen, Sony 15" Multiscan 200sx, and a Dell 15. To further add to the confusion, I have 6 different graphics cards. I just can't determine which of them is the most accurate.
I'll take a moment from drooling over your monitors to suggest that you calibrate your favorite one and only do post production on that one.

Also, it brings up the point that everyone's monitor might be calibrated a bit differently. The real test (and point) of calibration is printing. If the print exactly matches what you see on your monitor, then it's calibrated. That can actually take a bit of work depending on what programs, system and monitor you are using.

I'm getting a new monitor tomorrow and will be doing the calibration tango myslef. Bleh.

Daniel

Most reactions

Back