Photoshop or Lightroom

All great advice. I'd actually prefer to only use Picassa or something simple like that for my photo editing. But Picassa can't give me those results as are in the above pictures. So I have to learn something. :(

I would definitely go with free though because after all who doesn't like free.....when it's legal....lol

+1 for Elements 7. It's not that expensive and it's very powerful if you learn how to use it.

Paint.net is another solution.

Whichever software you get its going to be down to you to produce the results, learn what you have, photoshop is no easier to master and if your shots arent up to scratch your not going to finish up with fashion mag quality. H

A torrent is way of downloading almost anything for free, but also illegally. Also known as "pirating."

A torrent is an information file which contains all the information needed to download a file the torrent was made for. It is a way of distributing large files that would be more cumbersome to download directly.

Torrents are NOT illegal and NOT known as pirating. People do share and distribute illegal and pirated files through torrents, but that is not all what a torrent is.

During an update of my favorite racing simulator, the developers will ask the community if anyone could host a torrent of the update due to the extreme volume of people attempting to download at the developer's own site. Musicians often distribute their music through torrents to stay away from giving the music record companies 95% of anything the music may make.

Just wanted to give an accurate description of what a torrent is, as it is merely a method of file distribution. What people choose to distribute and/or download is something entirely different.

i use capture nx... its the only program i know how to use

A torrent is way of downloading almost anything for free, but also illegally. Also known as "pirating."
Bring down the price of Bloatware hence less Pirating !!!!

I would definataly go with photoshop if you are deciding to choose one over the other. There is just so much you can do in photoshop, you will find yourself using it everyday.

I'd actually prefer to only use Picassa or something simple like that for my photo editing. But Picassa can't give me those results as are in the above pictures. So I have to learn something. :(
What do you mean Picasa can't give you those results? Those pictures aren't heavily manipulated...it really only looks like color (hue and saturation) and contrast adjustments were used.

Of course the way the pictures were taken have a lot to do with how they turn out after post processing. It looks like those bright spots were made with bare strobes (no diffusers) and strategically placed to give a certain effect.

I just picked up Elements 7 at Best Buy for $70. Seems like I will pick it up fairly quckly. I'm searcing the net and watching a lot of video tutorials.

Im sure someone will chime in and say its a scam but I just recently bought cs3 from KY US Software: Adobe Photoshop CS 3 Extended WIN DVD and have had no problems. I registered the product through adobe and even verified the serial number through adobe to make sure it was not a pirated copy. I used pay pal and when I received cs3 it was packaged and sealed just like you would buy it from anywhere else.

check out photoscape, it is free and has more options than pisca

check out photoscape, it is free and has more options than pisca

+1, Photoscape is a good beginner's program. It's easy to use (it includes great tutorials), and can give good results. And, as ann said, it's free...

Most reactions

Back