photoshop question

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One thing that really annoys me, and I hope one of you know a way to fix it, is when you switch layers, then do something, undo it, and it goes back to the old layer.

For example, lets say I have three layers: skin, eyes, teeth.
I do some work on skin layer.
I switch to eye layer.
I go to paint, but forgot I had burn selected, so I go back in the history.
I select paintbrush and start painting, only to realize PS has switched the it back to the skin layer.

Anyone know if there's a toggle anywhere so that the selected layer remains?

Try stepping backwards (ctrl-alt-z) rather than going back in the history.

I think it's unfortunate that if you only have one function on a particular layer and you press back or undo that it goes back to the previous layer. There's definitely some room for mistake. I don't know if there is such a step where if you have one function and pressing back doesn't take you to the previous layer. What I do is I usually lock all the layers I'm not working on because of this.

I think it's unfortunate that if you only have one function on a particular layer and you press back or undo that it goes back to the previous layer. There's definitely some room for mistake. I don't know if there is such a step where if you have one function and pressing back doesn't take you to the previous layer. What I do is I usually lock all the layers I'm not working on because of this.

blah. Ok thanks for the reply. One would think they would have something, somewhere in the preferences, to disable this. It is very annoying :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back