Photoshop VS Paint Shop Pro

I use both every time I edit a photo. I open my images in the software that came with my old camera, paste it into Photoshop to resize it and finally paste it into paint shop pro to edit it. Sometimes I edit it in Photoshop but only if I want something that specifically can't be done in paint shop pro. I'm used to where everything is in paint shop pro and through laziness can't be bothered to learn about Photoshop at the moment. I'm slowing doing more and more in Photoshop. Neither can do exactly the same job as the other. So really and truly, I'm lucky to have both.

My view on it? Paint shop pro is great for quick editing and the odd touch up. Photoshop is more for heavy use, if you know what you want in the first place and know how to do it.

Thanks Ferny.
Have you seen my photos? I don't think the heavy edit would be overkill at all! :taped sh:

I've used both. PS is made for super-intense editing and there's a huge learning curve, and probably the majority of what it offers the casual user really doesn't need. It's pretty expensive, too. But if you can get a good price, it's nice to have. PSP is more user-friendly, cheaper, and will handle all the basic features you'd want. It also has a nicer crop feature IMO.

I'm not a digital user so I don't spend a lot of time doing "post processing". These comments are based on my experiences with the editing I've done in both programs. :D

I'll agree that photoshop does way more than you'll probably ever need. It is the industry standard tool for photo / graphic editing. If you only do basic editing to your photos, then PSP or Photoshop Elements will be plenty, and be cheaper and easier to learn.

I've been learning/using photoshop for 7 years now, and I still don't know everything about it.

Most reactions

Back