Photoshop?

Bubbles22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have an idea what is the best editing tool for a beginner? I would like to start with a program under $200 to start. It will be for portraits mostly. Also do people believe in filters to protect my lens? I keep reading both pro an cons. Thanks

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Gimp is free.
Photoshop Elements is inexpensive.
Lightroom is $300.
There are others available too.

UV filter as protection, meh.
Lens hood is good for protection in most situations.
You'll get a 50-50 response here on that one.

spacefuzz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I think there is a Corel painter program that is also pretty good and under $100.

I use a UV filter but I shoot around a lot of water / snow / dust / sand so wipe my lenses often. Just dont want to scratch up the main glass incase I want to sell the les someday.

KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have an idea what is the best editing tool for a beginner? I would like to start with a program under $200 to start. It will be for portraits mostly. Also do people believe in filters to protect my lens? I keep reading both pro an cons. Thanks

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 (Win/Mac)

Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 Ultimate is about $80 PaintShop Photo Pro X3 Limited Edition and is comparable to Photoshop CS5 Adobe Photoshop CS5
but if you or a family member qualify for Adobe's student pricing you can get the industry standard - $999, CS5 Extended for only $170 Adobe Photoshop Extended CS5 Student & Teacher Edition

As mentioned there is the free, open source applications like www.GIMP.org.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics