Photoshop?

Bubbles22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have an idea what is the best editing tool for a beginner? I would like to start with a program under $200 to start. It will be for portraits mostly. Also do people believe in filters to protect my lens? I keep reading both pro an cons. Thanks

Gimp is free.
Photoshop Elements is inexpensive.
Lightroom is $300.
There are others available too.

UV filter as protection, meh.
Lens hood is good for protection in most situations.
You'll get a 50-50 response here on that one.

I think there is a Corel painter program that is also pretty good and under $100.

I use a UV filter but I shoot around a lot of water / snow / dust / sand so wipe my lenses often. Just dont want to scratch up the main glass incase I want to sell the les someday.

Does anyone have an idea what is the best editing tool for a beginner? I would like to start with a program under $200 to start. It will be for portraits mostly. Also do people believe in filters to protect my lens? I keep reading both pro an cons. Thanks

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 (Win/Mac)

Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 Ultimate is about $80 PaintShop Photo Pro X3 Limited Edition and is comparable to Photoshop CS5 Adobe Photoshop CS5
but if you or a family member qualify for Adobe's student pricing you can get the industry standard - $999, CS5 Extended for only $170 Adobe Photoshop Extended CS5 Student & Teacher Edition

As mentioned there is the free, open source applications like www.GIMP.org.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back