Photoshop

Indecent Exposures

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've seen several discussions on here about Photoshop vs GIMP software, but my question is this - I'd like to get photoshop, but don't have that sot of money, so am considering Photoshop Elements. Has anyone used elements? What's it like? What are the main things it can't do compared to PS?

Thanks for your help

Chris

Elements is excellent; I'm not sure of all the things available in PS but absent in Elements, but know that quite a few of them (like Channel Mixer and Curves) can be downloaded as plug-ins. AFAIK some of those plug-ins don't work with Elements 4.0, but the earlier versions are also very good and obviously should be available cheaper too.

I dont know a lot about Elements but make sure it has layers those in combination with levels, curves, color adjustment etc are in my opinion the most useful tools.

Mr. Beeblebrox is correct! (ZaphodB) Elements has a lot of the good stuff from PS for someone on a budget.

If you are a student with a current picture id check into the academic version of ps- a considerable discount. Probably more than elements still, but may be worth it in the long run.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back