Photoshoping pictures OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvehrs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is touching up your pictures in Photoshop or other imaging editing programs OK? If you think it is OK, then when does it become too much and turn more into a graphic design then a photograph? Is even simply tweaking the contrast, color, or levels ethical?

I personally never enhance my photographs (except for lens dust which tends to happen a lot with me). If I do something in Photoshop, it is VERY obvious, like coloring a black and white photo, and making panoramic or HDR photographs.

For what, and how much, do you "enhance" or edit your photos in Photoshop?

This_thread on the self-same topic (and there are many more around this!) might give you the first "answers".

And also this_one might offer you some interesting food for thought on your own.

IMHO, for Photojournalism work altering the content of a photograph is completely off grounds, if you adjust contrast and levels as long as it does not change the content I think its fine, but that does not mean go ahead and adjust the contrast all you like, if you adjust it so much it destroys something in the photograph then I believe that has crossed the line.

yea see Lafoto's post.... this has come up so many times i don't see a need to keep this one going. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back