Photshop 7.0 vs Photoshop Elements 5.0

Andie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am pretty new to Photoshop and am currently using Photoshop 7.0. Would it be worth my time and money to buy PhotoShop Elements 5.0 (for $49.99)? Or am I pretty well covered with 7.0, until I can save up for CS?

Thanks!

Save for CS. I dont know exhaustively, but alot of stuff done in Elements was added into CS/2.

In fact, download a trial of CS2 and try it out. Elements is basically Photoshop Mini Version that focuses on Photo retouching/manipulation.

Thanks for the feedback! I can spend the money on extra SD cards for my camera instead (Best Buy, Black Friday! WOO HOO!)

The only question I would ask before you decide is what camera do you have and do you shoot or plan to shoot raw. I have a 30D and CS2 is the only version that supports that particular raw file due to the newness of the camera. Just something to think about. I was a reluctant upgrade from 7 myself just because of the raw issue.

If I shoot in RAW the software that came with the camera will allow me to open them and convert them to JPG format.

ps 7 is easier to do the basics and work with jpeg files. but i definitly prefer cs2 with the postphoto raw adjustments and some of the more specific features.

Most reactions

Back