Pic of my car..

Rhodes7586

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to take some pics of my car with the new wheels i got. Of Course i fogot my tripod so they didnt come out how i wanted. I got one decent one and was looking for some cc on it

Audi.jpg

C&C per req:

Lots of potential here, but I don't think this image quite makes it. You've got the car centered in the frame, right in front of the tower, and being much lighter than the car, it takes the eye away from the intended subject. As well, a full profile shot is not usually as interesting as 3/4 shot.

This is a really tough image to get right. Doing this without additional lights is a huge challenge, BUT it could be done. Ideally I would have positioned myself about 45 degree on the left front fender and shot from a lower position with a much larger aperture to try and soften the background. At least one diffuse strobe should have been used to provide some fill and highlight the car against the building.

Keep working at it and don't forget to level your images in post!

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

The building in the background is the main subject and dominates the image in a several of ways:
  1. Size
  2. Brightness
  3. Shadow modeling conveying a sense of depth.
That makes the car a secondary image element because it occupies so little of the frame, is low key lighting wise compared to the building and has so little shadow modeling that it looks very flat.

So, how can those issues be addressed the next time you want to make a photo of your car?

Pick a background that doesn't take attention away from your intended main subject, your car. Use tirediron's excellent suggestion to shoot from a lower perspective and at an angle to the car so the shot shows 2 sides of the car (depth).

Check out some online sources for photographic and visual arts composition information.

List of photographic composition techniques - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_(visual_arts)

Nice colors.. have you tried taking pics in dark background? they might come off a bit more flashy.. especially with right combination and proper shades.

Most reactions

Back