What's new

Pick One: color or b&w

Ysarex90 84

TPF Supporters
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
7,717
Reaction score
4,577
Location
St. Louis
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can't make up my mind on this one.

Joe


15173858635_e41593b1d7_o.jpg



14987298867_f456fff09e_o.jpg
 
I don't really like the photo... but I'll choose color.

Jake
 
Hrm....tough one.

It's close, but I think I'll say B&W. This seems more about texture and shape and the color seemed to distract me from that a little bit. For example, the pattern of the chain link fence mirrors the pattern of the safety glass behind the fence on the left. I didn't really notice it when I was staring at the color one to see what hit me about it, but it was one of the first things I noticed when I scrolled down to the B&W version.
 
I prefer the B&W. Like Limr mentioned this seems to be more a photo of the different textures present than the actual items. When I look at the color one my first thought is "why would someone take a picture of a drain pipe behind a fence?"
 
"one"








...you told me to pick one, so I did.

really though, I guess b&w for me here as well
 
I think the rusty metal adds to the scene's character and nature, so for me, the color image is the one I prefer. Both can stand on their own however, so neither is a landslide winner.
 
The B&W, the reasons for which Leonore nailed yesterday. Wonderful image!

I'd probably crop out the bricks on the bottom and a little on the right. I notice that you darkened the reds in the conversion, possibly to darken the brick and make it less evident, so perhaps you were leaning in this direction, or perhaps not, and I've just lost my mind - it's been suggested before ...
 
selective color
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom