What's new

Pick One: color or b&w

Perhaps if we examine our reasons for our preference.

For me, I prefer the color version.

We still get the lines and texture that are well represented in the B&W, but we also get the added interest of harmonious colors. The reddish of the rust is echoed in the bricks. The "cream" color of the concrete is nearly repeated in the pipe color. The green of the panel compliments the reds. And the gray of the fence wire is repeated in the metal frame.
 
The B&W, the reasons for which Leonore nailed yesterday. Wonderful image!

I'd probably crop out the bricks on the bottom and a little on the right. I notice that you darkened the reds in the conversion, possibly to darken the brick and make it less evident, so perhaps you were leaning in this direction, or perhaps not, and I've just lost my mind - it's been suggested before ...

That is very perceptive Ken. I was thinking precisely that when I weighted the conversion to the green channel -- I wanted to darken the bricks.

Joe
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom