Picked the right place to have an accident.

Azuth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Last weekend, whilst my digital camera was still at Canon I decided to load up some film and go out for a drive. First order of business as I searched for something to photograph was to stop and get some petrol.

After filling up I went inside to pay and as I was withdrawing some money I heard the screech of tyres and the "crash tinkle tinkle" that denotes a nose to tail accident. No big deal on the streets of Sydney. As I turned to have a look however things got interesting in a big hurry.

Another car came upon the accident going far too fast. Swerving to avoid the stopped cars he hit the median strip and got airborne. Executing a barrel roll he landed on the roof and slid a fair distance up the wrong side of the road. Luckily for all concerned oncoming traffic was stopped at a red light about 30 metres away otherwise the whole thing would have been much worse.

Please note: All parties walked away uninjured before I thought of getting the camera out.

Sorry about the quality, these are scans of the prints and I need to upgrade my scanner.

1. The nose to tail

nose_to_tail.jpg

2. The flipped car
flip1.jpg

3. Another angle
flip2.jpg

Oooh. But all in all that does look nasty!
I am glad to hear they all came out of this unhurt.
And how lucky was the driver of the flipped over car that the oncoming traffic was stopped! Phew!
But you covered the situation really well!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back