I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
yup. finally got one. I am FINALLY the one that gets a new camera.
ive been waiting for Nikon to finally piece together a camera that had pretty much all of what I wanted from the D300s into a body with newer tech.
the D7100 is a little smaller than the D300, but it is packed with features. the AF system is FAST, and I love the dual SD card slots. (I have them set to duplicate. large card in slot 2, smaller cards to be changed out in slot 1 so the larger card becomes my backup in case a smaller card fails)
I love pretty much everything about this camera. cant wait to take it out and really see how it performs. I don't think i will be disappointed in the least.

View attachment 47384View attachment 47385

Congrats,Now lets see what that baby can do or you can make it do.

What lens did you get, because the stock 18-105 has a plastic lens mount and they break really easy.

John.

Looking at the lens mounted is defiantly not a 18-105.

I didn't get any kit lenses with it, just the body. The lens in the picture is a 180mm f/2.8

Enjoy your new camera!

Cograts ol buddy. I know that camera will make some great pictures, with your skills

I didn't get any kit lenses with it, just the body. The lens in the picture is a 180mm f/2.8

Thats what I did.

Anyhow, Congrats, you're going to love it!

Nice!

That is a great piece of machinery, look forward to some pics

woo hoo congrats! Cant wait to see some pics!

Got mine a couple weeks ago to replace my D90 as my DX body. Love everything about it so far.
Enjoy! Saw your other thread. Glad you went this way. The AF is fantastic. Tends to underexpose slightly in matrix metering.
By biggest problem going from the D90 (and D700) to the D7100 is remembering that base ISO is 100. ;)

Got mine a couple weeks ago to replace my D90 as my DX body. Love everything about it so far.
Enjoy! Saw your other thread. Glad you went this way. The AF is fantastic. Tends to underexpose slightly in matrix metering.
By biggest problem going from the D90 (and D700) to the D7100 is remembering that base ISO is 100. ;)

im still working my way through the manual and the camera settings. LOT of new options. AF-A is new. there are a lot more AF options as well. 9/21/51 point, 3D. I still like my good old single point focus, AF-S, and spot metering. (i just have a lot more focus points as an option now)
Just from a couple of test shots, it really looks like ISO 6400 is going to be very usable. ISO 3200 for sure.
i had thought about getting the D7000 for a while now, but it just didn't have the AF system i really wanted from the D300. the fact that the 7100 had the 51 point AF system PLUS the 3500 processor, PLUS the newer 24MP sensor really clinched it for me. the D7000 was still tempting just based on its price now, but while I had the money for the D7100 i decided to just go with the newer model for a change.

Fantastic, enjoy your new camera (can you see I am green with envy ? LOL).

Most reactions

Back