What's new

Pictures for Criticism 1

Mturulski

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Location
Magnolia, Delaware
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, Bought my first Digital SLR a couple mouths back, and I'm looking for some feedback. These are just a few of many that I've taken since. I am pretty thick skinned, so don't hold back if you think they suck.

1. Rose

rosedownsized.jpg


2.Berries

berriesdownsized.jpg


3. Weeds

Weedsdownsized.jpg
 
Not much of a fan of the first photo -- however I like the depth of field :)

the second one has potential to be really cool, it just seems a bit muted. You can also go in on Photoshop and "burn in" the leaf at the top where it is overexposed/blown out, and "stamp" out the leaf in the bottom right to blend in with the background since it's a little distracting and doesn't really add to the photo.

The third photo looks foggy? I'm not really sure, however the composition is neat. The focus could be a bit more sharp, and all the lights or dust or whatever is floating around in the backdrop is rather distracting.


:) Keep it up!!!
 
Welcome !!

1. - too centered ... you'll generate more interest if the subject was off-centered even a little.. - also - showing the front/best side of the flower would be more preferrable then the side/back.. - GREAT background!

2. - Best.... I really like this one..

3. - Can't pull this one up at work.. :grumpy:

Keep shooting...

R
 
are you shooting with a 50mm?

Photo number 1, as pointed out by Goontz, was a 70-300vr lens. Two and three were both 18-105vr.

My intended focal pointed on the third photo was the Back/Brightest bloom. When I got home and looked at it on the computer, I thought the blurry other blooms gave the shoot a "painted look" and thought it was cool. Kind of an Abstract or pleasant mistake in my humble opinion. I do appreciate all of your inputs, and your comments are happily received.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom