Pictures on tv

Timppa

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi!

So recently I have been editing a lot and on my Eizo, spyder calibrated, screen and they look great (to me)!

When I check on phone, they look awesome (to me)!

When I connect laptop with HDMI to tv it look absolutely horrific! Like someone put the slider clarity and sharpness to 500 ! (I know, not possible, but you get what I mean).

If you want example pictures, you can see them all on my flickr page (link in signature).

Is something wrong with my tv? Or is it my pictures, and so also my eizo?

If it is any help, it is a samsung tv.

Thank you!

TV's need to be calibrated too.

First of all, I don't know anything about TV!
I know a fair bit of computer stuff, but when it comes to screens, I never had issues before, I just used max resolution and I can set up dual monitor and things like that, but anything more about screens I have no idea what I'm doing xD.

I think you need to adjust the graphic card setting. The TV and laptop may have different resolutions.
How do I do that ? tv shows a mirror of the computer screen.
Normally both are 1920x1080

Can you calibrate those things ? :eek: I can shift some bars there, But then tv itself looks horrible.

They look fine on my laptop but I have no way to connect to a TV.
hmm, Wel thanks for your imput :)

update:

I played a bit around with the settings, and googled, And It said that sharpness of samsung tv should be put to 0. Mine was on 70.... So I adjusted that now, and some contrasts, etc... I will test later today how it displays images then.

Can you calibrate those things ? :eek: I can shift some bars there, But then tv itself looks horrible.

There are calibrators for TV's. Spyder has one. It is different calibrating than monitors. To do a proper job you need to go into the service menu to do fine adjustments.

Tv screen and laptop or desktop have different resolution as well as size. Calibrate and shift the bars as per the requirement.

the screen isn't perfect still, but putting down the sharpness from 70 to 0 really solved the problem mostly.
Thanks all for your help and input :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back