Pier and sunset at Pismo Beach

memily

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We spent five days at Pismo Beach and I REALLY regret not pulling out my camera sooner to attempt sunset shots. I attempted this on the last evening and I think I could've done a lot better. I don't have much practice with landscape photography, sunsets, or the Lee Big Stopper and should've known I might need a second "go" at it to get it right. The beach was packed (holiday weekend) so some of my shots were ruined by people stepping into frame or a huge wave coming. I would've preferred longer exposures -- the water doesn't quite look how I wanted it to. I also think I should've been closer to the pier. Oh well....it sure was fun!

C&C is always welcome. Also, I can't decide which shot of the sunset is best of the bunch.

IMG_53942 by megan.dias, on Flickr

IMG_53992 by megan.dias, on Flickr

IMG_54122 by megan.dias, on Flickr

IMG_53932 by megan.dias, on Flickr

IMG_53952 by megan.dias, on Flickr

IMG_53852 by megan.dias, on Flickr

Hi. I'm partial to #1 of the first 2 as you can better see the pier and the clouds reflected in the water. #3 is pretty sky and pretty water but needs something... Jealous that you were at the beach while I was snowed in!

Hi. I'm partial to #1 of the first 2 as you can better see the pier and the clouds reflected in the water. #3 is pretty sky and pretty water but needs something... Jealous that you were at the beach while I was snowed in!

Thanks for your input! I also like #1 over #2 for that same reason. I sort of like the simplicity of #3 but at the very same time I agree that it needs something.

Where's a sailboat or a well built stand up paddle boarder when you need one?

So pretty I love pismo <3

Most reactions

Back