Pin-up

Robin_Usagani

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A friend wanted to do pin-up. I told her I have never done one but she wants to do it anyway. Did not get paid much but I don't mind getting paid while practicing :).

1048290_580294685326636_365793483_o.jpg

1044540_580251151997656_1562322314_n.jpg

You really know how to work those solid backgrounds - i love your studio style. Nice work!

Of course, you had to spend time studying the genre which must have been such a chore! Good costuming and posing - If you are aiming for an authentic "feel" maybe a little too hot (lightwise) for the genre and a bit too cool in the tones? That's my gut feeling.

very nice as always Robin!
#1 would be my favorite.
i like the pose and angle in #2 better, but the sun glaring behind her is a little bright.
skintones on both look beautiful.

Thanks everyone. I made it hot to give her porcelain skin look. The wb looks fine on both on my puter and my iphone.

I think the WB is natural, but what Granddad was saying is that classic color pinups tended to be "red hot". While perhaps these may be historically inaccurate in this sense, I don't think this is appropriate for today's audience.

Thanks everyone. I made it hot to give her porcelain skin look. The wb looks fine on both on my puter and my iphone.

I think the WB is natural, but what Granddad was saying is that classic color pinups tended to be "red hot". While perhaps these may be historically inaccurate in this sense, I don't think this is appropriate for today's audience.

You got it - I also tend to prefer warmer skin tones in general. Does that make me not a part of today's audience? ;)

Are you okay with the posterization in the background on the second shot?

You got it - I also tend to prefer warmer skin tones in general. Does that make me not a part of today's audience? ;)

well, let's just say that if this is your thing, you'll have to pull out your pre-vietnam Playboys ;)

If I still had any I could probably sell them and give up work on the proceeds... but we're wandering too far off topic - Sorry Robin. :hippie:

Derrel,i dont really see it. I didnt really change the exposure on post. The bright spot in the middle is a gridded speedlite. I am not sure what I could have done differently.

She has a great look for a pin-up. But you really need some better background like an old car or something vintage looking. Check out Pinupgirlclothing.com for some ideas. They do it right there and sell great clothes too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back