Pin-up

Robin_Usagani

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A friend wanted to do pin-up. I told her I have never done one but she wants to do it anyway. Did not get paid much but I don't mind getting paid while practicing :).

1048290_580294685326636_365793483_o.jpg

1044540_580251151997656_1562322314_n.jpg

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
You really know how to work those solid backgrounds - i love your studio style. Nice work!

Granddad

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Of course, you had to spend time studying the genre which must have been such a chore! Good costuming and posing - If you are aiming for an authentic "feel" maybe a little too hot (lightwise) for the genre and a bit too cool in the tones? That's my gut feeling.

OP
Robin_Usagani

Robin_Usagani

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I made it hot to give her porcelain skin look. The wb looks fine on both on my puter and my iphone.

pixmedic

I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
very nice as always Robin!
#1 would be my favorite.
i like the pose and angle in #2 better, but the sun glaring behind her is a little bright.
skintones on both look beautiful.

unpopular

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I made it hot to give her porcelain skin look. The wb looks fine on both on my puter and my iphone.

I think the WB is natural, but what Granddad was saying is that classic color pinups tended to be "red hot". While perhaps these may be historically inaccurate in this sense, I don't think this is appropriate for today's audience.

Granddad

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

I think the WB is natural, but what Granddad was saying is that classic color pinups tended to be "red hot". While perhaps these may be historically inaccurate in this sense, I don't think this is appropriate for today's audience.

You got it - I also tend to prefer warmer skin tones in general. Does that make me not a part of today's audience? ;)

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
Are you okay with the posterization in the background on the second shot?

unpopular

Reaction score

You got it - I also tend to prefer warmer skin tones in general. Does that make me not a part of today's audience? ;)

well, let's just say that if this is your thing, you'll have to pull out your pre-vietnam Playboys ;)

Granddad

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
If I still had any I could probably sell them and give up work on the proceeds... but we're wandering too far off topic - Sorry Robin. :hippie:

OP
Robin_Usagani

Robin_Usagani

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Derrel,i dont really see it. I didnt really change the exposure on post. The bright spot in the middle is a gridded speedlite. I am not sure what I could have done differently.

DiskoJoe

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
She has a great look for a pin-up. But you really need some better background like an old car or something vintage looking. Check out Pinupgirlclothing.com for some ideas. They do it right there and sell great clothes too.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics