Pixelation problem, not sure why. Need help.

chrisgillett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so yesterday I'm out shooting this field outside of town. I open up this pic and find this weird green pixelated garbled stuff in the photo that doesn't seem to be right. I opened it up in PS and took a couple screens to show you guys how it looked before and after the crop.

area.jpg

After 100% crop:

problem.jpg

How did this happen? My only explanation is the sun was about 45 degrees from where I took this shot, so maybe some weird side-lighting? Was the grass too much for the camera to process? It's in both the JPEG and the RAW samples.

Here is the EXIF info from the shot. Unfortunately I've deleted the raw pics from the camera already (I know I might be able to get them back from the card using some kind of program). What's weird about this problem is that it only seems to appear from this certain series of shots. I've got some others shot at the same time and location but they came out fine.

Shutter speed/ f-number: 1/125s @ F10
Exposure Mode: Manual
Exposure Program: Manual
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 18mm
Max Aperture Value: 3.5
Lens: Nikon DX AF-S Nikor 18-55mm 3.5-5.6GII ED
Flash: Did not fire
Metering Mode: Spot
Orientation: Normal
Lightsource: Cloudy Weather
EXIF Color Space: sRGB
White balance: Manual
Make: Nikon Corperation
Model: Nikon D40

Thank you for any help :wink:

That's odd.

It looks like your camera processed the image wrongly. It's certainly not anything on your lens, or sensor.

Did it happen on other field photos. Maybe your camera's having trouble processing tight together vertical lines????

I really don't know though.

The only time I've had sensor trouble it looked like this:
Error-PICT5490.jpg

Error-PICT5508.jpg

It happened very intermittantly. Only happened about 5 times all up I think, then a month later my sensor died. It was only a cheapie $200 P&S camera though. It was 6 months past it's warranty, but I went back and demanded a refund because it was the second one of that camera we'd had that had this problem. They gave me a complete refund. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back