PK lens on m32 camera?

djdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just wondering if there are adapters that allow you to mount a new pk lens on an old m42 body. I havent been able to find this.
Many thanks!
DJ

Last edited:
Well you'll often see adapters that allow you to mount older lenses on a newer camera body, not all that often you'll find an adapter that will allow you to mount a newer lens on an older style body.

ya, thats the trouble. I want to play around with my fathers ME super but only have the prime 50 to go with it. looking to be able to us some of my pk lenses.

ya, thats the trouble. I want to play around with my fathers ME super but only have the prime 50 to go with it. looking to be able to us some of my pk lenses.

If it were me I'd probably poke around on ebay or craigslist and see if you can find some lenses for it, those old m32 lenses usually go dirt cheap.

Oh the slippery slope. That could really get out of hand.:)

I still think it would be nice if I could just add an adapter to the kit instead of more lenses, but thanks for the idea.
DJ.

Just wondering if there are adapters that allow you to mount a new pk lens on an old m42 body. I havent been able to find this.
Many thanks!
DJ
You won't find it. M42 will fit inside K mount, but how you can mount bigger inside the smaller ? Both mounts have the same flange focal distance of 45.46 mm.

Many thanks!
DJ
You won't find it. M42 will fit inside K mount, but how you can mount bigger inside the smaller ? Both mounts have the same flange focal distance of 45.46 mm.

And, furthermore, if you were to come up with some sort of adapter that positioned the wider K mount flange just in front of the M42 opening on a screwmount body (as a way of mounting the wider mount lenses to the narrower mount body), you would not be able to focus to infinity.

[OOPS - I didn't notice this was a rather old thread- Sorry.]

Many thanks!
DJ

And, furthermore, if you were to come up with some sort of adapter that positioned the wider K mount flange just in front of the M42 opening on a screwmount body (as a way of mounting the wider mount lenses to the narrower mount body), you would not be able to focus to infinity.

[OOPS - I didn't notice this was a rather old thread- Sorry.]
Plus OP states he/she has Pentax ME which has k-mount, not m42 mount so any pk lens will mount on this camera with no problem. LOL !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back