Place of Reflection

matseski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
7259283316_e8674f9435_h.jpg

Any criticism, suggestions (specifically on the editing), or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I like the double meaning of the title...

I like it. Nice shot.

Only thing I can think of is that I find myself wondering if you could have brought out a bit more shadows in the clouds...enhanced them a bit...sky is kinda boring as is.

Thanks for the positive comments!

As for the sky, I feel like I need to keep it light to echo the tones and contrast in its reflection in the water. However I see that it may be a bit blocky, I'll try cropping it down a little and applying a gradient to it this evening.

I think it would look good as more of a pano crop just below the bridge reflection. The only other part i'm not fond of is the halo around the building.

Yes I am aware of the haloing and have been trying to fix it but as if yet cannot manage any better results. I have tried taking the original and converting that to b&w then copying the sky right up to the building edge but that results in an awkward transition between the fine branches and the sky which is more obvious than the slight haloing on an already light sky.

I have also tried to smooth the transition between the sky and branches which solved the the haloing problem but while looking better than without any gradient smoothing, still caused an awkward appearance of the branches.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. As I cannot figure out how to process the sky independently of the branches while maintaining a believable image.

$7263296800_6a9f66347d_h.jpg
Here is an updated edit to limit some of the haloing. Its not perfect, but its better.

Let me know what you think.

I do like what what done with the clouds, kinda where I was thinking earlier. I was not thinking as dramatic as you made it, more just accenting the already there shadows...however I do like what you did there.

Not sure what went on with the tree line...but it seems scratchy now...almost too sharp?

*edit*
Just wanted to say also that Its yours not mine...so make it how you like it. lol. I love black and whites and the many things that can be done to them, so I am always just trying to think different and change stuff. lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back