Planning (desiring) to switch to Nikon

I say go for it if your Canon gear is leaving you unimpressed.

Most of Nikon's stuff is still Made in Japan. The lower-tier lenses are made in Thailand or China. As far as I know, the high-end Nikon stuff is made in Japan at the Sendai plant-stuff like the D4, the big telephotos, the high-end and difficult to manufacture lenses.

I like turtles :)

As old Steve5d (where is he) used to say "show me all the award winning high DNR low light photos...."
All I have to do is look at IMO many great photos by people here on TPF created by both camera makers, and I am sold that it's the photographer much more than the gear. Yes I believe the Sony sensors are better. Fortunately, all I have to do is look at one of many landscape images created by Majeed Majeed Badizadegan Flickr - Photo Sharing to convince me that a change would not be worth it (to me). And....it works the other away around too. I follow Jeff Clow Flickr - Photo Sharing he uses D800, D700, D7100, Olympus, Iphones etc.

Photographer or Gear?

Just wondering if there are any Nikon users out there who would trade a similar Nikon outfit for that Canon outfit?

I have thought about it briefly. I do love the way many Canon lenses render images. And as most of my paid work is portraits this would not hurt me as much as if I was a serious landscape photographer. But like I said, the thought was very brief.

Edit: I wouldn't change what I have for what the OP has. Just Canon in general.

For every fabulous photograph taken with a Nikon I can show you one taken with a Canon. For every fabulous photograph taken with a Canon I can show you one taken with a Nikon.
Just wondering if there are any Nikon users out there who would trade a similar Nikon outfit for that Canon outfit?

Nope! I actually switched from the Canon 6D to the Nikon D750 and never looked back. The Nikon (sony) sensor has been a godsend for my style of shooting, but not everyone has the same needs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back