Please bear with me in this picture, my first time

Queen's Park rally today, April 21, 2012, 3 pm

Musician's trade union performing.

Last edited:
How did you convert to black and white?

They are a bit flat on my calibrated monitor.

Also, the grayscale is going to be a problem , learning how to "see" in black and white is very important.

Also, it seems on at least the first one you used a shutter speed of 1/800 and I would expect the image to be sharper, perhaps a bit of camera shake came into play. For some reason, I can't review the metadata in the others , but they appear to be a bit sharper.

It looks like an interesting venue for a photo experience.

I used the Enhance icon in Photoshop Elements 8 and then converted to Black and white. But before I converted them I autoedited them using "AutoFix". I do not like attending these rallies and demonstrations. I hate them.

Last edited:
A dude with a rastafarian look... playing a flugelhorn... and apparently holding it with a rag to keep from stripping the finish off the valve casing. That's just... odd. :lol:

There are some people on here (bigtwinky, erose, others too) who do a lot of band/gig shoots that can probably give you some great tips on the compositions.

I like all your pics. The only things I thought you should've done with the 1st pic (man with the sax was to zoom out a little more so we could see more of the sax. I love your pics and just keep hitting that shutter, you will evolve very well.

Yea id agree about the composition on the sax shot. The rest look clean tho

Most reactions

Back