tom.ganc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.atgancarzphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi threre
Yesterday afternoon I went to Devon (for work unfortunatelly) but good for me I had my camera and tripod with me. I had free evening so I went to a local beach (Westward Ho!) and have some shots.
Please tell me what you think

DSC_3800_edited-2.jpg

Sunset
DSC_3841_edited-2.jpg

Sunrise next day
DSC_3862_edited-2.jpg

Thanks for any comments

1. i like but looks a TAD over exposed to me.

2. the sky looks like it has a lot of noise in it. Also might want to crop it so the sun is not DIRECTLY in the center.

3. my fav. over all. May have wanted to use a UV filter and saturate the grass a tad but love the composition.

GJ

#1 is awesome, how did you get the water to look like that?

Hi
To get water like this you need:
1. Set your camera on tripod
2. Set camera to shoot in shutter priority mode and set it to 1-2 s (if it is too bright you need to use ND filter)
3. To take picture use cable realase, remote or self timer
4. Enjoy your picture.

I hope it helped :)

1. i like but looks a TAD over exposed to me.

2. the sky looks like it has a lot of noise in it. Also might want to crop it so the sun is not DIRECTLY in the center.

3. my fav. over all. May have wanted to use a UV filter and saturate the grass a tad but love the composition.

GJ
Thanks for your reply
I'll try to improve next time :)

3 makes me miss England soooo much, love those kind of morninggs!.
2 is lovely, but apears maybe a tad dark
1 is nice too although maybe shoot more level to the water with a shallow DOF to cive the photo some depth and to move the stone out of the center. apart from that I am a huge fan of slow shutterspeeds and water :)

3 makes me miss England soooo much, love those kind of morninggs!.
2 is lovely, but apears maybe a tad dark
1 is nice too although maybe shoot more level to the water with a shallow DOF to cive the photo some depth and to move the stone out of the center. apart from that I am a huge fan of slow shutterspeeds and water :)

Hi
I'm glad you like them
The funniest thing about 3rd is I had to wake up about 6am for work (I was staying at little cottage in barnstaple) and when I saw this sunrise i just jumped to my car, grabbed tripod, camera and went trough wet grass to have nice view. And I'm glad I had to be awake that early :)

Most reactions

Back