please C&C....

Profepix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
my first fashion photography. what do you thing about those pictures?

DSC_7572.jpg
DSC_7745%252520copy.jpg
DSC_7452%252520copy.jpg
DSC_7441%252520copy.jpg
DSC_7429.jpg

I really like the overall feel of these! #3 (left-one against the brick wall) is a nice composition except for her pose. It feels a bit awkward with her shoulder looking tense and it might be better without the sunglasses.

The last photo could be cropped so she is the most prominent subject.

#1 is nice as is, it might be slightly improved if it were framed with the right shoulder being cut off rather than the left as she is looking slightly to the left.

The top one is fairly nice. I would have centered her body so as not to cut off her shoulder and that would have moved her face a bit off center at the same time but that's mostly a question of personal taste. On the other hand, I don't see any fashion in it.

The others don't do much for me in part because I don't find the dress very attractive :) And in the mid-right one, she's holding herself kinda funny.

#1 I would have cleaned up her skin a little, her left eye looks squinted too. But other the that it's a nice photo #2 I dont like the negative space up top #3 is really nice #4 I also like #5 I think would have been nicer if she wAsnt in the middle so much and also horizontal I think would have looked better

I like the first 3, although the backgrounds are a bit distracting on #2+3.

The door catches my eye too much on #2, and I find myself looking at the chipped paint, etc.

#2 could be cropped more to the left (or tighter) so that the corner of the brick wall is not visable. Your eye is drawn to the corner and whatever that black thing is that is out of focus at the extreme right center.

Being honest I would have to say that #4 + 5 are way too loose cropped, and the backgrounds are very distracting. Those dont really work for me at all.

Basically you want the eye of the person who is looking at the photo to be drawn to the subject, and not the background. Thats why #1 works, because the background is out of focus.

Hope this helps.

Neil

Last edited:
Clearly you're no beginner - focus, exposure and depth of field are all excellent, plus the lighting is good. It looks like you were using natural light on an overcast day but you seem to have a good balance of exposure on the model to the background (dodge/burn?).

Here is an example of what I was talking about in my other post.

These 2 photos of grass that I shot about 1hr ago are very similar, but quite different in the way they are perceived by the viewer.

The first one shows a house, the treeline, and some sky in the background, which is pretty distracting since the grass is the main subject in this case. Your eye will be drawn to the sky especially since it contrasts the grass so much, and this is not good.

1)

IMG_1570.jpg

But as you can see by removing the sky in the next shot, I was able to allow the eye to naturally be drawn to the grass.

2)

IMG_1571.jpg

See what I mean?

Neil

unless you are shooting for the sun glass company NEVER cover up a subjects eyes!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back