Please comment on my Pic and Help me improve

crasho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

I'm a new member and a real noobie in Photography my gear is Canon A720 IS

I'm hoping you willing to help me to improve.

Please comment on these unedited photo

IMG_0495.jpg

Shutter speed: 1/80
Aperture Value: 2.8F
ISO : 80
Focal Length: 5.8mm
White Balance: Cloudy

IMG_0011.jpg

Shot while in traffice jam
Shutter Speed: 0.5
Aperture Level: 4.0F
ISO: 1600
Focal Length: 5.8mm
White Balance: florescent

ur camera way too noisy to take photos at ISO 1600!

and i dnt understand #1

Two edited sun set photo.

I make it warmer with warming filter in Photoshop.
sunset2.jpg

crop and adjust red level
sunset.jpg

ur camera way too noisy to take photos at ISO 1600!

and i dnt understand #1

understand your point the ISO it was one of my first snap on the camera.

number one is just a lamp and it would be rotated i dunno why it's not showed rotated here.
Open the shutter speed longer to get the glare from the lamp

Those 2 balloon shots exhibit focal loss through camera shake. If you had set ISO 200 instead of ISO 80 you'd have had a higher shutter speed to compensate for that camera shake.

Those 2 balloon shots exhibit focal loss through camera shake. If you had set ISO 200 instead of ISO 80 you'd have had a higher shutter speed to compensate for that camera shake.

thanks

I'm sticking to the ISO 80 in hope to get good quality shot but I think you are right maybe I should increase the ISO so there would be less shake.

Btw I forgot to mention that those two shot take take through hotel window.

I cannot open the window so I take the picture as close as possible to the window

The pictures really don't "say" anything to me... they kinda look like just random shots of things you happened to see.

The pictures really don't "say" anything to me... they kinda look like just random shots of things you happened to see.

thanks i think i need to improve on that.
Any suggestion to improve on it?

I like to take picture but do not know know how to make it more meaningful

please comment on these picture

lina2-web.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

Last edited:
What's to say that hasn't been said already? The best bit of advice I can give you is don't shoot through a window, it rarely turns out.

Deciding what to shoot is really up to you, look at what other people shoot and how they do it. What of other peoples stuff do you like and why do you like it. Then go out and start shooting what's around you, take LOTS of shots. Decide what works, what doesn't and ask yourself why.

The best way to learn is to shoot more.

Remember when you take a picture of a subject, take it from many different angels not just one and t he review and pick the one you like best

What's to say that hasn't been said already? The best bit of advice I can give you is don't shoot through a window, it rarely turns out.

The best way to learn is to shoot more.

Remember when you take a picture of a subject, take it from many different angels not just one and t he review and pick the one you like best

thanks for the advise

Actually i was referring to the new pic I upload.
I make a mistake in posting the link before so it is not working

Apology in order. When I posted there were no new pics showing up, I thought you were just being pushy :)

1 is a nice shot, good compostion. There's some blotchyness just right of the model's head though, not sure what's causing it but it could be cloned out in photoshop

2 is nice and sharp but could be straighter.

3 would have been nice if it was in focus.

Definate improvement on the earlier shots though, keep it up.

Most reactions

Back