kulakova

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
canon 350d
konika-minolta 5d

What would you prefer?

What about camera view finder? Lens? Matrix? Quality? Macro? Noises?
PLease help me. :hail:

of those two I would have to go with canon.

Konica recently sold off their camera unit to Sony so support for them is going to get sketchy, however, prices on the old units will be coming down.

Hi! I am a proud owner of the 350D and LOVING it.... mine came with a twin lens kit 18-55mm & 75-300mm.... but i'm looking at buying the highly recommended 50mm 1.8 lens soon. loving everything about the camera but still heaps to learn. can't comment on the other which i know nothing about but after reading the above response i'd be going canon xx

The KM has an inbuilt image stabilisation, which is pretty cool. I'd go with the minolta, but only because I am single handedly trying to stop Canon taking over the world

bigfatbadger said:
The KM has an inbuilt image stabilisation, which is pretty cool. I'd go with the minolta, but only because I am single handedly trying to stop Canon taking over the world

what is the reason that you are so angry on canon? :confused:
well IS stabilizator the only advantage?

I ~personally~ still would go with Canon. Several years ago, I was in the market for a camera (film) and held all the cameras that were in my price range during that time. I chose the Canon Elan IIe and haven't turned my back on Canon ever since. The key reason for my decision included many ~personal~ choices but mainly due to the quality of Canon's glass and their innovation. The key is that this was a personal choice so it should be taken with a grain of salt... I'd recommend reading everything you can find about either camera and go to a local camera store to try each body.

Don't discount the Minolta 5D. Yes, there is somewhat of a risk here since the camera division of Minolta has been sold to Sony. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Sony makes the majority of the CCDs used by many manufacturers including Nikon and has been making P&S digital cameras for quite sometime. Hopefully Sony can take all their experience in electronics and merge it with the advantages of Minolta mount and photographic history. Just recently, Sony announce their entrance into the Digital SLR market with their new camera called the Alpha. As far as I know, it still maintains the original Minolta mount and improves on Minolta's design. I believe it will be a 10 mp camera and I'm very curious.

Other things I about the 5d when I held it in the camera store:
- Anti-shake built into the body... BIG ONE.. It might not be as nice as Canon's in-lens anti-shake but at least it is there for all lenses you mount. Canon's lenses with anti-shake tend to be quite expensive.
- Button layout was good... Comparible to that of rebel. I prefer having buttons for most of the major functions rather than menus. I miss the Elan IIe layout were 90% of what you need was incorporated into the two dials at the top fo hte body.
- The 5d felt sturdier more comfortable in my hands than the rebel.

Bet on some nice offers by camera stores on the 5d as their probably trying to offload them from inventory.

usayit said:
I ~personally~ still would go with Canon.

Thank you very much, what camera do you have?:sexywink:

CANON CANON CANON CANON CANON CANON CANON
Go for the Canon

Canon

It's the big guy. It has the money from sales to make the R&D possible.

nukacola said:
what is the reason that you are so angry on canon? :confused:
well IS stabilizator the only advantage?

I don't really have a sensible reason, I'm just being a bit daft about it. All things considered, I'd probably go for the Canon, but I'd be annoyed about loosing out on the IS. Canon's aftersales is supposed to be superb.

A bunch of Canon pushers, eh?:lol:

I know it's not one of your choices, but the Nikon D50 is a helluva camera for not a lot of money. I've used both Nikon and Canon, and I'm blown away by the Nikon D series! But it's your decision.

Ringo said:
I've used both Nikon and Canon, and I'm blown away by the Nikon D series! But it's your decision.
I'm with you man. Yeah, the Nikon D series blow! :lmao: :sexywink:

What's better on the Nikon?

DocFrankenstein said:
I'm with you man. Yeah, the Nikon D series blow! :lmao: :sexywink:

What's better on the Nikon?

Ouch!
:lol:
Well for one, I've always liked the Nikon optics better (though there is some good Canon glass out there). The new D200 can almost handle highlights like film (especially red). My old FMs are unbreakable... literally... There's thousands of tiny details that I think show Nikon's superiority, but I didn't join this forum to debate something that cannot be changed in my mind. We all have preferences. I'm a Nikon man for life! Power to you if you like Canon!

Ringo said:
A bunch of Canon pushers, eh?:lol:

I know it's not one of your choices, but the Nikon D50 is a helluva camera for not a lot of money. I've used both Nikon and Canon, and I'm blown away by the Nikon D series! But it's your decision.

I love my D50

Most reactions

Back