Please critique

evangelineimages

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking for some feedback on these portraits.

jojo6_small - The Photo Forum Photo Gallery

Taken with a nikon D3000, shaded porch. Minimal post processing. F 4.5, ISO 100, 1/50th second. My daughter the "model" I was playing around with lighting and poses.

Victoria_small - The Photo Forum Photo Gallery
F4.5, ISO 1600 1/1000th sec
Taken outdoors using a reflector panel. (I realized after the shoot I had it on ISO 1600 the whole time. Rookie mistake)

177_small - The Photo Forum Photo Gallery
Newborn photo shoot. Indoors using florescent continuous lighting. F/10 1/30sec ISO450

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Post the picture directly to the thread and you'll get more responses. :hug::We are a picky bunch....lol

1. Picture try darking down the right side of her cheek. I would definately give it a try:lol:

Holy HUGE image. I don't know if it's happening to anyone else, but when I load the images, they're so big I barely get part of their heads on the screen. DEFINITELY can't critique that. Post them directly into the thread! :lol:

Holy HUGE image. I don't know if it's happening to anyone else, but when I load the images, they're so big I barely get part of their heads on the screen. DEFINITELY can't critique that. Post them directly into the thread! :lol:

That would be for me too---it does make critique hard when the images are insanely huge!!! Post them to the thread~makes critique easy.

JoJo6_small: I think it's quite a nice image all in all. I'd definitely remove the blue tinge in the shadows ... if you enhanced the saturation of this image in PS, you've likely increased the blue cast that is visible in her hair, and in the shadows of the shirt. Personally, I'd be inclined to crop in a little on the left-hand side of this image, and perhaps a bit off the bottom ... but that would only be my preference -- the shot is nice composed as is.

Victoria_small: Again, I think this is a very lovely image. What I wrote above about the blue tinge still applies. Really, just create a duplicate layer of this image, adjust your colour balance in the duplicate layer so that the blue in the hair reads as the appropriate colour, and then selectively pull the colour-correct portion of the image through to eliminate the blue cast. I also have a personal preference with respect to the crop of this image ... only because to me it looks a bit tight on the right-hand side. What I would do is crop this down to a square ... I'd cut the image off around the fold in the jean jacket (below the shoulder), and cut it about an inch above the head.

177_small: This one would also (in my opinion) look best square. I'd cut the top just above where the leg on the left-hand side comes in, I'd crop a little of the right hand side, and a bit off the bottom. The stark contrast between the baby's skin and the older skin of the hand is really what's of most interest in this photo. I might also see if I could bring a bit more detail into the baby's toes ... again, you can create another layer and adjust your levels here, and selectively pull that through in the areas lacking a bit of detail and depth. If this doesn't work out, I might just consider softening the baby's skin (which you could try either way) to create even more of a contrast between the new/old skin.

Overall, in my very humble opinion I think these three are very nice photographs! If you were to leave them as they are, they'd still be very appealing images.

1. Picture is alright
2. Picture is not too great
3. Picture Fantastic verry nice picture
All that being said I don't think they are bad Photos but going by that 3. Picture probably not your best Photos.
I would suggest you upload only your very best images because god knows what people would say about 70% of the Pictures I take.

Same here, they're about 6 times the size of my screen...

FAIL!

And funny! Because, Beyond the Basics isn't even a critque/photo gallery forum section, and the OP has failed to return to the thread.
Resizing images and posting them in the thread is just part of general netiquette.

Thank you for the critiques. I didn't know how to post them directly to the thread, I tried but was unsuccessful.

FAIL!

And funny! Because, Beyond the Basics isn't even a critque/photo gallery forum section, and the OP has failed to return to the thread.
Resizing images and posting them in the thread is just part of general netiquette.

Thanks for the information. I'm new, maybe you could send me instructions on how to post them to the thread so I won't make the same mistake again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back