Please , DO NOT TOUCH!!!

I enjoy this picture. Good capture, I like the energy in the moment.

My only wish is that you could show some of their surroundings in the picture. It could help tell the story even more. But maybye that was not possible when you took this shot.

Very nice shot, perfect color, exposure, sharpness...

These people have a very innocent look to themselves. Kind of makes me feel like I wish I could stick up for them as I see the caste system as very
bad....

At least they can make a living !!! That is the good thing...

Not sure what you were going for with this photo, but to me, they look pretty
happy despite their circumstances. To me, that is what makes this photo powerful.

Castrol has hit it bang right on the head of the nail...accurately so...it makes the photo powerful...

for those, who think the photo doesn't tell all the story...that's true as I find out...but, no photo tells all the story ever!...it's good as long as it tells a story and we can read at least that...in fact, that's why a photo when exhibited carries title and descriptions...just to tell what untold story lies beside the story told...and in fact, every every photo that has human subject on it usually has a story untold, lying just by the side of the frame...:)

btw, probably Matt cud hv done more justice to the pic by naming it as "untouchables" instead of "please, do not touch!"...as by "please do not touch" we usually in day-to-day life mean please don't touch it/this/thatthing and not usually please do not touch this human...but, untouchables surely brings a direct relevance to touching humans...just wondering!

Dpez said:
Castrol has hit it bang right on the head of the nail...accurately so...it makes the photo powerful...

for those, who think the photo doesn't tell all the story...that's true as I find out...but, no photo tells all the story ever!...it's good as long as it tells a story and we can read at least that...in fact, that's why a photo when exhibited carries title and descriptions...just to tell what untold story lies beside the story told...and in fact, every every photo that has human subject on it usually has a story untold, lying just by the side of the frame...:)

btw, probably Matt cud hv done more justice to the pic by naming it as "untouchables" instead of "please, do not touch!"...as by "please do not touch" we usually in day-to-day life mean please don't touch it/this/thatthing and not usually please do not touch this human...but, untouchables surely brings a direct relevance to touching humans...just wondering!

Dprez you re not wrong , title do a lot in picture understanding. In fact my idea was not to give a too descriptive title, I found " untouchables" as too descriptive, in my mind it was even as reducing these peolpe to their condition, as sending a picture of elephant and name it " Elephant", you see my mean ???

By naming it " Please do not touch!!!" I tried to make a comparisaon with the usual signification of "Please do not touch!!!", that you can read for example in shop with fragile things, things you have to take care. For me these people are people we should take care.

And in the same time " Please do not touch !!!" It is what my indian colleague told me more or less about these people and what they live in everyday life. Don't talk to them, don't touch them , go straight...

That was my idea ;) .

i like this photo, i think it doesnt show that they are sad. or even that its trying to at all. to me they look very intrigued and curious of you and your camera. i personaly think they look very happy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back