please help before my camera blows up

jimaroo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i have a nikon d70s, and i was wondering if anybody knows what voltage is to high for before it blows up.

i was using a strobe lite that connected to my hot shoe( forgot what its called) and im afraid that it mite blow up my camera. i've used it a couple times and it seemed to work fine, but i'm kind of scared.

can anyone help me. the flash is an excalibur sp-1600 monolight.

also if it is too powerfull, then i could just use the built in flash on my camera to triger the stobe. but i think it would look bad using that little thing.

anyway any help wood be... very helpfull:D

Here is a site that lists many strobe units and their trigger voltage. I didn't see 'excalibur'...maybe it was actually made by another company...do some research on that one. Or you could measure it yourself with the proper equipment.

Then, you will have to know the safe trigger voltage limit of your camera. If the unit is within your camera's limit...then you are OK.

thanks big mike. ill look into it a little more.

i've used the light a couple times, and its work good so far. i better check in on it before i mess it up

oh thank you too matt, your comment just popped up right before mine

The usual was 6v but Canon has beefed that up significantly. The 10D was 6 or 9 volts...but the 20D is 250V. I don't know about Nikon or any other cameras though, sorry.

I read somewhere a while ago that all Nikon cameras are designed for a trigger voltage of between 12.5 and 15 volts, but if you are in doubt about your flash's voltage output, use Wein Safe-Synch adapter.

Most reactions

Back