Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please help me to Post process this photo

Attachments

• $_MG_9970.JPG
    $_MG_9970.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 108
In ACR 6 (CS 5 Camera Raw/Lightroom 3 Develop Module) I increased the Exposure 0.5 stops, increased the Clarity, and Sharpened 25, 1.0, 0, 0.
Then in Photoshop I duplicated the Background layer (Layer 1) and made a New Layer (blank) (Layer 2) with the Layer 2 blending mode set to Soft Light and a check mark in the Fill with 50% Gray box.
Layer 2 was used for all the subsequent burning. I burned the far water line to better define it. I burned the furthest mountain range, but not the clouds in front of the range. I also burned the reflection of the near foreground hills in the water.
I used the Crop tool to crop the image so the far waterline is on the lower Rule of Thirds horizontal. The crop also makes the image more 'panoramic'.
I selected Layer 1 and used the Quick Selection tool to select all the land in the image. With that selection active, so it would be the only part of the image the next edit would affect, I went up under Filter and selected the plug-in Topaz Adjust. In Topaz Adjust I selected the Clarity preset and clicked ok. Back in Photoshop I then lowered the opacity of Layer 1 to 50% to make the Topaz Adjust edit a bit more subtle.
Lastly, I added an .025" wide black border to all sides of the image.

_MG_99701.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back